93 chevy lumina 3.1

Old July 12th 14, 12:27 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Basia

Default 93 chevy lumina 3.1

On Friday, July 11, 2014 4:12:00 PM UTC-7, Basia wrote:
> On Friday, July 11, 2014 3:54:42 PM UTC-7, Basia wrote:
> > On Friday, July 11, 2014 12:53:12 PM UTC-7, wrote:

> > > also replace coil pack

> > How many miles, what climate?

> > I've had a weakened module in a similar 2.8L engine.
> > This was after 90k+ miles, most were made in Las Vegas.
> > Just saying, its more likely something else.

> The module sits in a very tight spot,
> constantly fried by the heat, and is
> very flimsy to begin with.
>
> These cars were also notorious for
> converter solenoid overheating and
> locking, causing stalls, particularly
> after driving higer speeds, but that's
> another thing altogether, though also
> cheap electronic part related.

Wait, I retract the 'another thing altogether'
part. Does it have a tendency to stall after
running at higher speeds 45 miles per hour.
It's possible it gets flooded. Google "converter
solenoid overheating GM." Check for fuel in the
air filter.

> You might look into replacing some sensors,
> throttle position for example.

Basia
Old July 12th 14, 12:49 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

I think it might be the fuel injectors mess with it couple minutes cylinder 1 and cylinder 6 had gas in it engine would not crank remove spark plugs then crank gas went everywhere
Old July 12th 14, 03:17 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

On Friday, July 11, 2014 12:53:12 PM UTC-7, wrote:
> also replace coil pack

That's not what I asked. I asked if you had a good solid spark or not.
Do you?

What other things have you swapped out? It would have been good if you
had listed them in your original post.

Have you checked the timing? Have you looked for an exhaust restriction?

Don't just swap things out, measure.
--scott

Old July 12th 14, 03:23 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

> wrote:
>I think it might be the fuel injectors mess with it couple minutes cylinder 1 and cylinder 6 had gas in it engine would not crank remove spark plugs then crank gas went everywhere

If the injectors are leaking, then the fuel rail pressure will drop fast
as soon as you shut the engine off. If they aren't leaking, then it will
stay up. If the injectors are leaking the engine will be running very rich
causing the exhaust to smell like unburned fuel (and not like partially
burned fuel or like paint thinner). Are these the case?

There is a standard test for injectors where you pull them and squirt
onto a sheet of cardboard to measure the pattern.
--scott

Old July 12th 14, 08:25 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

when you're driving it it does smell like gas
Old July 12th 14, 08:35 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

no I have not check the timing I figured it hasn't jumped time because it's 93 it's only got original 43,000 miles that is there original miles to this motor yes it does have very low mileage I know the engine wasn't mistreated cuz there was an old woman who used to own the vehicle never drove it really
I have put a throttle position sensor on it a MAP sensor on it
I figured since I found gas in the cylinder1 and cylinder 6 I figured it'd be the injectors are bad and I figured if I put everything in a post that I've done to the vehicle it would be a very very very very long post