dwight goes country

Old May 25th 05, 03:25 PM
dwight

Default dwight goes country

I have died and gone to heaven.

Since June 1984, we've lived in a great little 3-bedroom twin in a great
neighborhood. Little by little, the neighborhood changed dynamics as people
left, new people moved in. Some of you know that basketball hoops sprang up
like weeds behind my house, and TFrog's alarm was constantly going off as
wayward basketballs bounced off my car.

Last year, the little girl two doors up went into heat, and it wasn't
unusual to see 40 to 50 kids hanging around out back of my house in the
alleyway on a Friday or Saturday night (or, hell, ANY night in the
summertime). This past year, the neighbors on the other side of the
adjoining wall added a small dog, and that damn dog barked NONSTOP whenever
they went out. And they went out a lot. Chinese dog torture.

So we decided to move.

I insisted only on a two-car garage, and enough ground to putter around on.
The house itself was Jean's choice. And she made a great one.

We now live on a super-quiet cul-de-sac in the outer burbs of Philadelphia
(horse country). The property backs up to a reservoir and has an alleged .62
acre. Cutting the grass yesterday, I'd swear it was larger.

The best way I can describe it is that it's like living in a vacation home,
but the interior is like staying at a better hotel. We can't believe it's
ours.

Quick photo page: http://www.tfrog93.com/Brinton/Brinton.htm

dwight

Old May 25th 05, 04:17 PM
Deputy Dog

Welcome to the County Dwight! Will I see ya at the Kimberton Show this
Sunday? I'll be wearing a Dawkins Jersey.
Dave

Old May 25th 05, 09:13 PM
dwight

"Deputy Dog" > wrote in message
> Welcome to the County Dwight! Will I see ya at the Kimberton Show this
> Sunday? I'll be wearing a Dawkins Jersey.
> Dave

First week in the new place, so I don't know. I'll swing by if I can (and I
usually can).

)

Old May 25th 05, 04:18 PM

dwight wrote:
> I have died and gone to heaven.

Greeeeeen Acres is the place to be,
Farrrrrrm livin' is the life fer me. . . .

Two weeks max, you're bored s**tless and ready to move back to the
"twin."

180 Out

Old May 25th 05, 06:03 PM

Lame.

Old May 25th 05, 08:55 PM
SVTKate

He won't have TIME to be bored ****less.

Great looking place Dwight...
It's going to take some adjustment, that's for sure.
We moved for all of the same reasons that you did.

Wait till your Mrs starts landscaping projects.

Now and then I miss the convienence, but I think we are much further from
town than you are so that shouldn't be a problem.
We have to drive for 40 minutes to get to a Home Depot!

Oh... and when you want to see what a REAL mower will do,
come try my Husqvarna and make a quick pass through our little 10 acres!
*wink*

I am more than my fiar share of jealous over teh size of your garage! It
looks HUGE, like they should be.
Ours was built as a two car, but only big enough to hold Shug and one of the
Shriner's cars LOL

Kate

oups.com...

Old May 25th 05, 09:17 PM
dwight

"SVTKate" > wrote in message
link.net...
> He won't have TIME to be bored ****less.

So far, that's certainly true!

> Great looking place Dwight...
> It's going to take some adjustment, that's for sure.
> We moved for all of the same reasons that you did.
>
> Wait till your Mrs starts landscaping projects.

Hold on, y'all. The garage and the grounds are MINE. She's welcome to plant
some peonias along the front walk, but that's about it. I've got my own
plans. That was the deal. She picks the house, I pick the garage and
acreage.

> Now and then I miss the convienence, but I think we are much further from
> town than you are so that shouldn't be a problem.
> We have to drive for 40 minutes to get to a Home Depot!

I'm only about 25 minutes from the old place, but it's an entirely different
world. Still, it's just a hop skip and jump down the highway to the nearest
Home Depot. Been there twice already.

> Oh... and when you want to see what a REAL mower will do,
> come try my Husqvarna and make a quick pass through our little 10 acres!
> *wink*

Yeah, yeah. Would anyone be surprised to know that I was out in the garage
putting a coat of Carnuba on DFrog?

> I am more than my fiar share of jealous over teh size of your garage! It
> looks HUGE, like they should be.
> Ours was built as a two car, but only big enough to hold Shug and one of
> the
> Shriner's cars LOL

Yep. The garage had to pass my standards. It IS big - a "real" two-car
garage. Also some space for storage. We have one Mustang, Jean's Escape,
DFrog, and the push mower in there now, with plenty of room to spare. The
Deere is going into a shed out back, as soon as I grab me some ramps.

dwight

Old May 25th 05, 09:33 PM
SVTKate

"dwight" > wrote

| > Oh... and when you want to see what a REAL mower will do,
| > come try my Husqvarna and make a quick pass through our little 10 acres!
| > *wink*
|
| Yeah, yeah. Would anyone be surprised to know that I was out in the garage
| putting a coat of Carnuba on DFrog?

OH MY GOD!!
OH MY GOD!!
OH MY GOD!!

I just waxed the husky day before yesterday, even put shiney stuff on the
tires!!!!

FOFLMAO!
And here I thought it was my own dirty little secret!

| > I am more than my fiar share of jealous over teh size of your garage! It
| > looks HUGE, like they should be.
| > Ours was built as a two car, but only big enough to hold Shug and one of
| > the
| > Shriner's cars LOL
|
| Yep. The garage had to pass my standards. It IS big - a "real" two-car
| garage. Also some space for storage. We have one Mustang, Jean's Escape,
| DFrog, and the push mower in there now, with plenty of room to spare. The
| Deere is going into a shed out back, as soon as I grab me some ramps.

Sounds GREAT to me!
Luckily, we have the shop to go with ours.
We can park the tractor, the truck and the Husky in there if we have to.

So glad that you found a place that you love

Whatcha gonna do outside?
We've been putting in rock gardens.

Old May 25th 05, 09:14 PM
dwight

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> dwight wrote:
>> I have died and gone to heaven.

> Greeeeeen Acres is the place to be,
> Farrrrrrm livin' is the life fer me. . . .
>
> Two weeks max, you're bored s**tless and ready to move back to the
> "twin."
>
> 180 Out

I'll take that bet!

No, this truly is nirvana. I can spend the rest of my life right here. And
the good part is, because of its situation, there will never be any new
construction going on in the area.

Today was Weed Pulling Day.

dwight

Old May 26th 05, 04:01 AM

dwight wrote:
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > dwight wrote:
> >> I have died and gone to heaven.

> > Greeeeeen Acres is the place to be,
> > Farrrrrrm livin' is the life fer me. . . .
> >
> > Two weeks max, you're bored s**tless and ready to move back to the
> > "twin."
> >
> > 180 Out

> I'll take that bet!
>
> No, this truly is nirvana. I can spend the rest of my life right here. And
> the good part is, because of its situation, there will never be any new
> construction going on in the area.

Just wait till you find out your next door neighbors' son is a pig name
Arnold.

180 Out

A/C, 2001 Town and Country ShakespearesEdge Chrysler 4 August 2nd 05 12:52 AM
97 Jeep Cherokee Country fuel pump problems William Bushnell Jeep 8 April 13th 05 08:33 PM
Ruff Country lift?? Jeff Jeep 4 January 17th 05 05:55 PM
1964 Ford Country Squire HomoSemiErectus Antique cars 0 February 19th 04 07:04 AM