Death Wobble (again)

Old July 25th 05, 04:31 AM
Scott in Baltimore

Default Death Wobble (again)

It's time for some front end work. I'm tired of hitting bumps
and having to slow way down for the front end to stop bouncing.

Should I start with the steering dampener or sway bar links?

'97 SE with a whopping 69100 miles on it.
(Yes, it's been off road and has trail rash underneath!)
Old July 25th 05, 04:36 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Take to a shop that may recognize the worn parts:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...rch+this+group
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 25th 05, 03:04 PM
IsellJeeps

try tires 1st

Old July 25th 05, 04:16 PM
Jerry Bransford

Tire's often 'trigger' Death Wobble but something else MUST also be
loose enough to allow it to develop into full-blown death wobble. Loose
trackbar, worn control arm bushings, etc.

Jerry

--
Jerry Bransford
PP-ASEL N6TAY
Old July 25th 05, 04:25 PM
IsellJeeps

I have rplaced tires on numerous wranglers due to this and I havent had to
rotate their tires correctly therefor they cup or get out of round..I buy
jeeps all the time where tires are shot and the steering wheel litterally
jumps out of my hand when I hit a bump while driving them.... goto 4 wheel
parts or tire wheel connection.. buy pro comp all terrains or mud kings and
whoaallla no more wobble

"Jerry Bransford" > wrote in message
> Tire's often 'trigger' Death Wobble but something else MUST also be
> loose enough to allow it to develop into full-blown death wobble. Loose
> trackbar, worn control arm bushings, etc.
>
> Jerry
>
> IsellJeeps wrote:
> > try tires 1st
> >

> > "Scott in Baltimore" > wrote in

message

Old July 25th 05, 04:54 PM
Jerry Bransford

Whatever... but I deal with this stuff all the time and a suspension
that does not have a worn or loose part will not allow DW to fully
develop just simply a bad tire. Just having a bad tire or tires should
NOT cause Death Wobble, sheesh... come on. Replacing tires might get
rid of enough of the problem so the Death Wobble goes away but the other
part of the equation still remains. Replacing the tires alone just
leave the other part of the problem there to come back and bite the
owner again if another minor tire problem crops up. You may SELL Jeeps
and replace tires but I actually resolve the entire problem... not just
replace tires.

Old July 25th 05, 06:22 PM
IsellJeeps

lol dont get upset goofy i know your the greatest mechanic alive but a
stabilizer wont get rid of the death wobble....lol

> Whatever... but I deal with this stuff all the time and a suspension
> that does not have a worn or loose part will not allow DW to fully
> develop just simply a bad tire. Just having a bad tire or tires should
> NOT cause Death Wobble, sheesh... come on. Replacing tires might get
> rid of enough of the problem so the Death Wobble goes away but the other
> part of the equation still remains. Replacing the tires alone just
> leave the other part of the problem there to come back and bite the
> owner again if another minor tire problem crops up. You may SELL Jeeps
> and replace tires but I actually resolve the entire problem... not just
> replace tires.
>

> IsellJeeps wrote:
> > I have rplaced tires on numerous wranglers due to this and I havent had

dont

Old July 25th 05, 06:26 PM
DiezMon

I'm telling ya.. I had the SAME problem.

It was my tires. Check those first.

Tim

Old July 25th 05, 06:36 PM
Jerry Bransford

You can "lol" all you want and no one except you mentioned anything
about recommending replacing the steering stabilizer. Typical fawking
salesdroid who thinks he knows more than he does..

Old July 25th 05, 06:45 PM
IsellJeeps

typical owner... thank you.... your the salesman at 4 wheel parts I am the
OWNER... lol
ps it is the tires 99.9% jerry
www.houstonjeeps.com

death wobble!! Cal Jeep 35 July 20th 05 10:04 PM
95 Cherokee Death Wobble? TF Jeep 1 July 17th 05 07:18 AM
2004TJ front end wobble [email protected] Jeep 43 July 2nd 05 07:26 PM
Investigators Blame Stupidity in Area Death Larry Bud Driving 1 May 24th 05 09:51 PM
Death Wobble? Ervin Charles Jeep 5 February 12th 05 02:03 AM