I thought I would join this group but........

Old April 27th 06, 02:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default I thought I would join this group but........

this looks like a goat cum group. What the ****? Does anybody do
anything with jeeps on here. If so who makes a conversion kit for a YJ.
I want to put a 350 Chevy in mine. Any kits available. Can I use my
transmission and transfer case is there any adapters.I've been away
from the jeep world for about 12 years, and I need to catch up. I was
hopeing this would be the place to do it, but I'm not sure. Thanks
ahead of time if anyone can help. 89 wrangler 4 banger

Old April 27th 06, 02:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

I don't have an answer to your problem, but usually this is a good
group. There is just some clown who is really bored, has alot of free
time on his hands, and hopefully soon will find some other group to
post his worthless blabber on.

Old April 27th 06, 02:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Not sure if your trolling but

This is a good group that has lots of Jeepers willing to help you, dont
let a few people who are upset with someone here bother you. Ignore
those posts.

Try searching for a 350 chevy conversion and see what you get.

Old April 27th 06, 02:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

If you reply and repeat the same bad language, how am I to know if you are
not the culprit? This group was great only a few weeks ago... then one of
our very own brought this upon us. Filter any post with "Bill" in it, clean
up your language, and then maybe someone will help you.

--
JimG
80' CJ-7 258 CID, HEI

00' TJ Sport 4.0L, 5sp
4.56 Gears, TrueTrac rear
33" BFG AT on 15x8 Eagle Alloys
D35 Rear, D30 Front. 3" Suspension Lift
Warn X8000i

Old April 27th 06, 02:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Yes, we do LOTS with Jeeps here in this group, but with your language, I'm
not sure we would want you here.

The "Goat......." problem we are having is with one immature person, that
just started recently. This is a great group, but please keep your language
clean.

Tom

oups.com...

Old April 27th 06, 04:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Troll,
A very common conversion. Use a transmission that a Real Jeeper
would use, something that was used behind the small block, then clock a
Dana 300 to fit them. The radiator, mounts, headers are all just bolted
together via Advance Adapters:
http://www.advanceadapters.com/catalog/003.html
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old April 27th 06, 09:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"Paul" > wrote in news:1146100164.196557.261830
@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> this looks like a goat cum group. What the ****? Does anybody do
> anything with jeeps on here. If so who makes a conversion kit for a YJ.
> I want to put a 350 Chevy in mine. Any kits available. Can I use my
> transmission and transfer case is there any adapters.I've been away
> from the jeep world for about 12 years, and I need to catch up. I was
> hopeing this would be the place to do it, but I'm not sure. Thanks
> ahead of time if anyone can help. 89 wrangler 4 banger

sorry, but I am not in this group either. Just chasing a lead to who
this netclown is so I can prepare an abuse report.

To get a cleaner read, get a newsreader like X-News.
Killfile certain posters using the headers where anything with
"@remailer" "nym.alias.net" "@anonymous>" etc....
Anonymous remailers have ruined newsgroups for fast reading I'm afrad, so
it ends up being a game to the retarded/boron ones.

HTH,

BTW - Recently there has been a rash of forged emails being mailed to
newsgroup posters. There has been some discussion of it being a mentally
ill man who goes by the name Steve "Bowtie" Young. He creates problems
by forging a newsgroup nym and starting up a slew of trouble by sending
others in the same newsgroups threatening emails or morphing posts.

In many cases I have seen where a third party was wrongly accused of
doing this, and had their access revoked by clueless abuse desk droids.

Be careful folks of who you blame, it may be an innocent party being set
up by this loony.

Thanks

--
SneakyP
To reply: newsgroup only, what's posted in ng stays in ng.

Some choose to swim in the potty bowl of nan-ae rather than flush it
down :0)
Old April 27th 06, 02:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"L.W.(Bill) Hughes III" > wrote in message
: Troll,
: A very common conversion. Use a transmission that a Real Jeeper
: would use, something that was used behind the small block, then clock a
: Dana 300 to fit them. The radiator, mounts, headers are all just bolted
: together via Advance Adapters:
: http://www.advanceadapters.com/catalog/003.html
: God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
: http://www.billhughes.com/
:
:

See Bill, this is EXACTLY how you make them so angry they do what they have
been doing.

::shrug::

Kate

Old April 27th 06, 03:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

This is a very common conversion. You will have to replace the 4 banger
transmission, and the input shaft of the transfer case, to be able to handle
V8 power. If you have money, the folks at http://www.4wd.com have a whole
section devoted to V8 conversions in their free catalog. There are no kits
as such, but the 4wd.com stuff comes pretty close. Another company is
http://www.advanceadapters.com. Their Jeep Conversion Manual, which costs a
mere $10, is a great source of information.

Earle

oups.com...

Old April 27th 06, 03:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"Kate" (please ask)> wrote in message
. ..

> "L.W.(Bill) Hughes III" > wrote in message
> : Troll,
> : A very common conversion. Use a transmission that a Real Jeeper
> : would use, something that was used behind the small block, then clock a
> : Dana 300 to fit them. The radiator, mounts, headers are all just bolted
> : together via Advance Adapters:
> : http://www.advanceadapters.com/catalog/003.html
> : God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
> : http://www.billhughes.com/
> :
> :
>

> See Bill, this is EXACTLY how you make them so angry they do what they

have
> been doing.

Kate,

Real Men don't hide from trolls, or from anybody, for that matter.

Earle