Cleaning well area on 67 Mustang

Old July 20th 05, 05:03 AM
Mark C.

> Yeah, if I ever do another '67 restoration (my favorite year 'cept for the
> 69 Mach 1) I'll start with a CA or AZ car. The weather on the right coast
> beats the crap out of these old Mustangs if they were driven in the winter
> or left outside.
>
> Cheers,

I just bought a '69 Mach 1 not to long ago. Only 4K running. I intend to
paint it Ferrari red and roll 2K3 Mach 17x8s on it. A little pricier on the
parts.

--
Mark

Old July 20th 05, 05:36 AM
Spike

Yep... it's an oem A code

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 21:00:29 -0700, "Mark C."
> wrote:

>Now this 65 FB
>> which was built in San Jose, and spent it's life in Sacramento area,
>> and now moving to Redding. All in excellent shape, and the latest one
>> has been sitting for about 13 years (covered).
>>

>Hey Spike, That doesn't happen to be an A code car does it?
>

>--
>Mark

Spike
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40
16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial
225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

"When the time comes to lay down my life for my country,
I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it."
-JFK Inaugural Address
Old July 20th 05, 11:24 AM
Ritz

Mark C. wrote:
>>Yeah, if I ever do another '67 restoration (my favorite year 'cept for the
>>69 Mach 1) I'll start with a CA or AZ car. The weather on the right coast
>>beats the crap out of these old Mustangs if they were driven in the winter
>>or left outside.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>

> I just bought a '69 Mach 1 not to long ago. Only 4K running. I intend to
> paint it Ferrari red and roll 2K3 Mach 17x8s on it. A little pricier on the
> parts.

The next one for me is going to be a custom job rather than a
restoration...probably something along the lines of a GT500 clone. I've
been archiving a 428cj from a wrecked Torino and a 4sp toploader.
Someday I'll actually have the time to put those parts to use...sigh.

Cheers,

Old July 20th 05, 05:41 PM
Mark C.

Original color poppy or signalflare red? Is it black right now with blue
fenders/doors? Got a wrinkled roof like some kids walked on it?

--
Mark

Old July 20th 05, 07:28 PM
Spike

Nope. Was originally Caspian Blue w/black standard, A Code, C4, no
AC, AM radio, oem console, stock dual exhaust, disc front/drum
rear.... but never been seriously wrecked... or walked on : ).

When I got it, the engine was in pieces in the well, the disc brakes
had been removed and put on a different car, the right front fender
was gone, the left front fender was beige, the grill was all
missing... but the interior was pretty choice. : ) Now it's all as it
should be.... like new... with a few light mods. Sitting here at home,
I have a closet full of assorted pieces parts to add (stereo, overflow
tank, halogen lighting, etc) as soon as I can get it here.

Why? Are you missing one? I could send you a picture... a complete
photo record of the restoration was maintained.

In 1970, I returned from Vietnam and bought a 65 FB 289 2V, C4, AM
radio, poppy yellow. In 1971, I sold it to an uncle in Los Molinos (a
2 horse town north of Chico and south of red Bluff). He never
registered it as far as I know. It just sat in the drive with chickens
running through it. Last I heard, one of my cousins has fixed it back
up. Doubt it's the same color today. Poppy yellow wasn't exactly a hot
color then, and it went down from there.

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 09:41:47 -0700, "Mark C."

Old July 20th 05, 07:46 PM
Mark C.

Ok, I was just wondering if it was one I sold.

--
Mark

Old July 20th 05, 11:30 PM
Spike

Remember who you sold it to?

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 11:46:39 -0700, "Mark C."

Old July 21st 05, 02:59 AM
Mark C.

If I did, I'd buy it back. ~

--
Mark

Old July 21st 05, 05:09 AM
Spike

My first 65 FB cost me $1000 plus $69 finance charges back in 1970
Tacoma, WA. I sold it for $500 to pay for airfare to Japan to get
married. My cousin wouldn't sell it back for $10,000. This one, so
far, will have cost somewhere around $30,000 by the time I'm
"finished". Thing is, you rarely know when you have a vehicle, what
it will be worth 35 years later, or that you'll want it then.

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 18:59:31 -0700, "Mark C."