performance spark plug and wires

Old June 15th 05, 01:02 PM
Momesso

Default performance spark plug and wires

i have a 2002 sc2......doesnt anyone recommend a way or brand to upgrade the
type of spark plugs in car????

Old June 15th 05, 01:38 PM
marx404

Yes, I have the same car. You already have NGK's in your car, but upgrading
to either the NGK Platinum or Iridium series will make a slight but
noticeable difference.
Most ppl also use Magnagore wires and MSD coils.

Your local parts store will have the plugs, but you will have to shop around
for the wires and coils as most performance parts for the SC2 ended in '99
for some odd reason.
But - many '99 parts can be used on a '02 SC2, the wires for instance.

Happy motoring!
marx404

Old June 15th 05, 04:10 PM
Momesso

I see other Saturn owners that have wires such as SPS 8.0or 8.5 mm plug
wires. What are the advantages & diadvantages of this ugrade?

Old June 16th 05, 01:05 AM
Philip Nasadowski

In article >,
"Momesso" > wrote:

> I see other Saturn owners that have wires such as SPS 8.0or 8.5 mm plug
> wires. What are the advantages & diadvantages of this ugrade?

Advantages - lighter wallet makes car slightly faster.

Disadvantages - lighter wallet.
Old June 16th 05, 03:01 AM
Lane

I've been through a bunch of different wires and plugs (details on all of
them are on my website). Despite what all the manufacturer claims say,
there will be no gains from them on a naturally aspirated Saturn motor
(stock, or with performance bolt-ons) unless your current ones aren't
performing properly. So find some that make the engine compartment look
nice at least.

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]
---
Visit my Saturn Car Audio and Performance Page at http://www.evilplastic.com