Neutral safety switch

Old March 14th 05, 11:03 PM
Joachim Peiper

Default Neutral safety switch

I have a 1990 5.0 with a t-5 and I got a rebuilt tranny to replace it
with but it doesn't have a neutral safety switch on it. Do i need it
and does my car origionally have one?

Old March 14th 05, 11:11 PM
Wound Up

Joachim Peiper wrote:
> I have a 1990 5.0 with a t-5 and I got a rebuilt tranny to replace it
> with but it doesn't have a neutral safety switch on it. Do i need it
> and does my car origionally have one?

Do you mean the clutch switch?

Here's one supplier.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/cata...&a=FR48-SW2276

--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65

Old March 14th 05, 11:20 PM
Joachim Peiper

no I mean the wires and sensor that comes off of the top of the tranny.

Old March 14th 05, 11:54 PM
Wound Up

Joachim Peiper wrote:
> no I mean the wires and sensor that comes off of the top of the tranny.

Up to you and your state's inspection laws. It's also used for cruise
control.

--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65

Old March 15th 05, 12:22 AM
Mike R

In article .com>,
"Joachim Peiper" > wrote:

> I have a 1990 5.0 with a t-5 and I got a rebuilt tranny to replace it
> with but it doesn't have a neutral safety switch on it. Do i need it
> and does my car origionally have one?

Sure you're not referring to the backup lamp switch on the L/H side???

--
Mike
93 Cobra
Old March 15th 05, 12:30 AM
Joachim Peiper

No It has the back up lights switch on the drivers side. Will my car
start without it?

Old March 15th 05, 12:42 AM
Mike R

In article .com>,
"Joachim Peiper" > wrote:

> No It has the back up lights switch on the drivers side. Will my car
> start without it?

Yes, because the switch in the starting circuit is mounted on the clutch
pedal linkage, not the trans...

--
Mike
93 Cobra
Old March 15th 05, 07:56 AM
Jim Warman

Back up light switch???

ups.com...

Old March 15th 05, 07:59 AM
Jim Warman

High gear switch... active in OD and affects EGR and timing... possibly
other strategy.... If yours had this originally, it should have it when
you're done...

oups.com...

Old March 15th 05, 05:58 PM
Joachim Peiper

I looked and the old tranny on my car has a neutral switch on the top
cover. Could I just switch out the top covers with sensor and all?

97 maxima - Trouble starting - neutral safety switch replacement didn't fix it [email protected] Technology 1 February 8th 05 04:10 PM
looking for information on vehicle safety inspections Peter D. Hipson 4x4 0 January 17th 05 04:44 PM
Headlight Switch? Randolph Honda 2 December 15th 04 08:00 AM
2002 Honda Odyssey Side View Mirror Switch Failure Hand Honda 15 December 4th 04 08:03 PM
Ign Switch Failure examination 91 B3 dave VW water cooled 0 October 2nd 04 04:46 PM