64bit

Old June 12th 05, 09:58 PM
Paulinho

Default 64bit

Well having seen some of the new sims coming out later this year I think I
may get my 64bit system.. can anyone tell me if GP4 works ok with it.. !!

Old June 13th 05, 05:19 AM
rms

wait til dual-core cpus and the g70/r520 videocards are out for a bit before
deciding on a purchase.

rms

Old June 13th 05, 09:09 AM
Paulinho

"rms" > wrote in message
. ..
> wait til dual-core cpus and the g70/r520 videocards are out for a bit
> before deciding on a purchase.
>
> rms

Sounds interesting.. any info or idea as to when

Old June 13th 05, 10:32 AM
John Simmons

In article >,
"Paulinho" > says...

> "rms" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > wait til dual-core cpus and the g70/r520 videocards are out for a bit
> > before deciding on a purchase.
> >
> > rms
> >

> Sounds interesting.. any info or idea as to when

You can actually buy motherboards right now that allow you to upgrade to
dual-core AMD chips when they are released. Go ahead and get your A64
stuff now (if you want to save a little money, get a 3500 Venice chip.
When you need it, you can upgrade to dual core just by buying the cpu.

Old June 13th 05, 06:49 PM
rms

> You can actually buy motherboards right now that allow you to upgrade to
> dual-core AMD chips when they are released. Go ahead and get your A64
> stuff now (if you want to save a little money, get a 3500 Venice chip.
> When you need it, you can upgrade to dual core just by buying the cpu.

the nvidia G70 launch is on June 22nd I believe. Roughly twice as fast
as a 6800GT.

rms

Old June 13th 05, 08:06 PM
Paulinho

"rms" > wrote in message
. ..
>> You can actually buy motherboards right now that allow you to upgrade to
>> dual-core AMD chips when they are released. Go ahead and get your A64
>> stuff now (if you want to save a little money, get a 3500 Venice chip.
>> When you need it, you can upgrade to dual core just by buying the cpu.

> the nvidia G70 launch is on June 22nd I believe. Roughly twice as fast
> as a 6800GT.
>
> rms

and the new AMD 64bit x 2 is out on the 21st i think... ouch !!#

Old June 14th 05, 01:24 AM
Don Burnette

John Simmons wrote:
> In article >,
> "Paulinho" > says...
>>
>> "rms" > wrote in message
>> . ..
>>> wait til dual-core cpus and the g70/r520 videocards are out for a
>>> bit before deciding on a purchase.
>>>
>>> rms
>>>

>> Sounds interesting.. any info or idea as to when
>>

> You can actually buy motherboards right now that allow you to upgrade
> to dual-core AMD chips when they are released. Go ahead and get your
> A64 stuff now (if you want to save a little money, get a 3500 Venice
> chip. When you need it, you can upgrade to dual core just by buying
> the cpu.

Most current socket 939 boards will support dual core with a bios update. I
built an AMD XP 3500+ 64 bit a few months ago, and absolutely love it!

I am looking foward to trying out one of the new dual core cpu's, though I
may wait a bit for the price to come down a little...

--
Don Burnette

"When you decide something is impossible to do, try to stay out of the
way of the man that's doing it."