Oil Questions

Old November 23rd 04, 09:30 PM
Scubabix

Default Oil Questions

Has anyone ever used Amsoil in their Vette? How does it perform compared to
Mobile One? Does it last as long between changes or longer like their rep
says?

Rob
78 & 96 Coupes

Old November 23rd 04, 10:05 PM
Empty3

"Scubabix" > wrote in message
> Has anyone ever used Amsoil in their Vette? How does it perform compared

> Mobile One? Does it last as long between changes or longer like their rep
> says?
>
> Rob
> 78 & 96 Coupes

Nothing but Mobile One for me and an occasional Lucus Oil treatment. I seem
to recall both
negative and positive comments here in this newsgroup about Amsoil, try
Google to read some
history

Old November 23rd 04, 10:05 PM
Empty3

Old November 29th 04, 06:59 PM
CCred68046

>Has anyone ever used Amsoil in their Vette? How does it perform compared to
>Mobile One? Does it last as long between changes or longer like their rep
>says?

1. Oil never wears out. It just gets contaminated by dirt and by-products of
combustion.
2. Any brand/type of oil you use will become contaminated in the same amount of
time. The only way to remove the contaminates is to change the oil.
3. Change your oil, the more often, the better. Nothing replaces good
maintenance. Period.
4. Your engine will run better and MUCH longer using the cheapest oil rated for
your vehicle with regular changes than it will using ANY expensive oil and
trying to leave it in there for extended periods. The whole point to an oil
change is keeping the contaminants OUT. They cause wear.
Old November 29th 04, 06:59 PM
CCred68046

Old November 29th 04, 08:44 PM
Charles Spitzer

"CCred68046" > wrote in message
> >Has anyone ever used Amsoil in their Vette? How does it perform compared
>>Mobile One? Does it last as long between changes or longer like their rep
>>says?

> 1. Oil never wears out. It just gets contaminated by dirt and by-products
> of
> combustion.

the long molecule chains get broken apart, rendering the oil different and
perhaps not as good as original.

Old November 29th 04, 08:44 PM
Charles Spitzer

Old November 29th 04, 11:13 PM
dave

I used to be a Amsoil Distributor. After getting a Bilstien Engine Flush
at Pep Boys and seeing how dirty the engine was after religiously
changing Amsoil oil every 3k. miles with Amsoil filter... i lost
confidence in the product. And, i dont trust the charts either with the
4 ball wear test.. Ive switched to Mobil 1 10w30 which is readily
available and much cheaper at places like Sams Club. I do think that
Amsoil has a wonderful marketing strategy however.

Dave

Old November 30th 04, 01:18 AM
'Key

"dave" > wrote in message
> I used to be a Amsoil Distributor. After getting a

Bilstien Engine Flush
> at Pep Boys and seeing how dirty the engine was after

religiously
> changing Amsoil oil every 3k. miles with Amsoil filter...

i lost
> confidence in the product. And, i dont trust the charts

either with the
> 4 ball wear test.. Ive switched to Mobil 1 10w30 which is

readily
> available and much cheaper at places like Sams Club. I

do think that
> Amsoil has a wonderful marketing strategy however.
>
> Dave

find that a little hard to believe.
also seen the inside of an engine that had its oil (Amsoil)
change at 4K intervals and that sucker was clean as a
whistle.
I prefer Mobil-1
have been using it for many years in my cars, trucks and
Harley with no oil related problems.

my2¢
--
"Key"