My Jeep Keeps Stalling Can Anyone Help

Old June 7th 05, 07:31 PM

Default My Jeep Keeps Stalling Can Anyone Help

I have a '85 CJ7 Laredo. I have spent the last couple of years messing
around with it. Here is what it has:
1. Fiberglass Body,
2. New Carb
3. Removed exhaust manifold and put on headers.
4. Ravin muffler
5. KC Head lights.

Among other things. Point is that after my last project (the new carb.)
The jeep ran great - for about a day. Then it hesitates and stalls for
no reason (while I am driving or sitting still).

Some times it starts back up with other times It won't even turn over.
If it sits for awhile it will start and sometimes it runs well for an
hour or so and then back to the hesitating and stalling.

I have chased down every ground connection (that I can get to), looked
for poorly crimped wires, etc.

Can anyone help?

Old June 7th 05, 08:54 PM
Dave

Not sure if it is the same, ... (please correct me if I'm wrong
everybody)

But that all sounds very similar to a friend's VW Beetle a few years
ago.. it ended up being his ignition coil. When the thing heated up,
the engine would die, until it cooled off... at which point, you could
start it up and run for a while..

Check the spark quality when it's running fine, then check it after it
stalls..?

Old June 7th 05, 10:03 PM
Mike Romain

Ignition module can do that too. Electronic stores sell spray freeze so
you can spray the coil or module and see if it comes back good. On a
'glass body, ground loop issues can cause strange stuff like that too
and overheat parts.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old June 8th 05, 04:34 AM
Pi-Eyed Piper

I did the same thing by holding a can of "canned air" upside down all the
propellant comes out first and it's mighty cold...sprayed the ignition
module problem gone, easy to diagnose

Old June 8th 05, 12:02 PM
Dave

Yeah we had a lot of fun freezing stuff with canned air at work when I
was in the IT department.. I can vouch for it's freezing capabilities.
And for the fact that no one likes it when you come up behind them at
their desk and spray a drop of the prepellant on the back of their
neck. Yowza that's cold.

Old June 8th 05, 04:13 PM
Pi-Eyed Piper

LOL, Been there done that!!!

"Dave" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Yeah we had a lot of fun freezing stuff with canned air at work when I
> was in the IT department.. I can vouch for it's freezing capabilities.
> And for the fact that no one likes it when you come up behind them at
> their desk and spray a drop of the prepellant on the back of their
> neck. Yowza that's cold.

Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi in UK Dori A Schmetterling Chrysler 4 June 2nd 05 10:22 PM
1988 Jeep Commanche keeps stalling smuirhead 4x4 1 May 18th 05 01:58 PM
What is a TJ? Brian Foster Jeep 23 January 22nd 05 07:06 AM
Jeep VS others Elliot Westcott Chrysler 64 December 19th 04 03:22 PM