Dumbasses!!!

Old April 14th 05, 03:59 AM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"DTJ" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 17:25:56 GMT, "Skip Elliott Bowman"
> > wrote:
>
>>Some people sure are quick to rain abuse on these "wetbacks". Maybe
>>they'd
>>prefer to work the fields themselves, or they support the idea that $5
>>heads
>>of lettuce are a good thing. Or maybe they just hate folks who don't look
>>and act just like them.

> What country are you from?

USA. What star system are you from? 'Cause you're not from around here.

Here in the US we don't employ people in
> fields, we use machinery.

Sometimes, yes. There are still plenty of farm jobs that require human
hands.

> Are you still upset that your stupid liberal candidate lost? Don't
> bother trying to argue that you voted for Bush, because only idiot
> liberals would suggest that calling an illegal alien an illegal alien
> is somehow improper.

Only idiot reactionaries would vote--twice--for a guy who keeps betraying
them again and again.

Old April 14th 05, 04:09 AM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"Paul" > wrote in message
th.net...
> On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 20:22:49 GMT, Skip Elliott Bowman , said the
> following in rec.autos.driving...
>
>> They're free to apply for those jobs, and many do. And not a few of these
>> migrant workers are here leally on seasonal passes.

> And why do the ones that do apply get passed over in favor of the
> illegals? Because the illegals will work for a fraction of what employers
> would be required to pay a person here legally.

This is not my experience. How many farm workers do you actually know,
Paul? I know quite a few and they aren't all illegal aliens.

>> Face it, Paul--your bigotry and sense of privilege is showing.

> If wanting my nation to be secure in its borders and to protect the
> standard of living (and not to mention life in general) of those of who
> are here legally means that I am a "bigot," in your eyes, then I am a
> bigot and proud of it.

Wanting your nation to be secure in its borders while wanting to protect the
standard of living of those living here legally is not the definition of a
bigot. I was sure you knew that. Try this for a definition:

bigot: n.
1. One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or
politics and is intolerant of those who differ.
2. A prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his
own

From the 15th century on Old French bigot meant "an excessively devoted or
hypocritical person." Bigot is first recorded in English in 1598 with the
sense "a superstitious hypocrite."

That's what I call a bigot, Paul.

Old April 14th 05, 04:24 AM
Skip Elliott Bowman

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> Garth Almgren wrote:
>> Around 4/13/2005 11:43 AM, Aunt Judy (Pride of Diarrhea)
>> <http://tinyurl.com/65nqz> wrote:

> Maybe they'd

> $5 heads

> don't look
>> >>

>> > The issue is - they're breaking the law.

>> So are left lane blockers, but I don't see you complaining about

> them.
>
> That would require something LBMHBF doesn't have: intelligence and
> common sense.

Before switching on the ignition, they put their brain in the glove
compartment where it'll be nice and safe.

Old April 14th 05, 05:10 AM
L Sternn

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 02:57:10 GMT, "Skip Elliott Bowman"
> wrote:

>"L Sternn" > wrote in message

>>>And you know this how? You know some welfare recipients who could apply
>>>for
>>>farm worker jobs but told you they won't? It's, more likely you're just
>>>assuming this.

>> I've known welfare receipients who certainly could have gotten jobs if
>> they had wanted to. In fact, I even saw the "Help Wanted" signs and
>> I also saw foreigners evetually filling those positions.
>>
>> It's just so much more fun for them to sit around drinking all day.

>It's a lot more fun watching people pontificate on a subject about which
>they know so little (the innder thoughts of welfare recipients), especially
>filtered through the fog of ignorance and bigotry.

You asked if I knew welfare recipents who said they wouldn't take
work. I've done you one better by telling you I've known welfare
recipients who didn't want jobs and instead sat around drinking all
day.

I knew them quite well. There was no reason why they shouldn't have
been working.

>>>You work in the visa office too, setting and enforcing policy? Wow.

>> You think only civil servants can have opinions?

>They're the ones setting policy. Any fool can have an opinion. As you are
>demonstrating

If you think our visa and immigration laws are perfect, I'd say
you're the fool.

>>>Since that hasn't happened, you're right.

>> You can sit there with a straight face and claim there has never been
>> any abuse of the H1-B visa program?

>No I can't, but then I never made that claim. Last I checked, all American
>workers haven't been laid off.

Only because of limits on the number of H1-B visas granted.

>> H1-Bs are supposed to provide skilled labor at fair market prices that
>> cannot be found among the available work force already here.

>Exactly.

And although they are sometimes legitimate, far too often it's just a
way for an employer to get cheap labor that is less likely to leave
for a better job.

>>>Very employed, for over 30 years. Not everyone is an anonymous chump too
>>>scared to put a name on their attitudes.

>> A musician and a writer without a sense of humor is a pretty sad
>> thing.

>How would you know?

it was evident in the remark I replied to.

Old April 14th 05, 05:13 AM
L Sternn

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 03:09:30 GMT, "Skip Elliott Bowman"
> wrote:

>"Paul" > wrote in message
uth.net...
>> On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 20:22:49 GMT, Skip Elliott Bowman , said the
>> following in rec.autos.driving...
>>
>>> They're free to apply for those jobs, and many do. And not a few of these
>>> migrant workers are here leally on seasonal passes.

>> And why do the ones that do apply get passed over in favor of the
>> illegals? Because the illegals will work for a fraction of what employers
>> would be required to pay a person here legally.

>This is not my experience. How many farm workers do you actually know,
>Paul? I know quite a few and they aren't all illegal aliens.

Have you noticed all the illegal aliens living in cities?

They aren't all doing farm work.

They fill all sorts of jobs.

>>> Face it, Paul--your bigotry and sense of privilege is showing.

>> If wanting my nation to be secure in its borders and to protect the
>> standard of living (and not to mention life in general) of those of who
>> are here legally means that I am a "bigot," in your eyes, then I am a
>> bigot and proud of it.

>Wanting your nation to be secure in its borders while wanting to protect the
>standard of living of those living here legally is not the definition of a
>bigot. I was sure you knew that. Try this for a definition:
>
>bigot: n.
>1. One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or
>politics and is intolerant of those who differ.
>2. A prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his
>own

So are you trying to admit something to us?

Old April 14th 05, 05:14 AM
L Sternn

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 19:46:58 -0700, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:

>>It doesn't look like they actually stop anyone although I suppose it's
>>possible that none of the 30 or so other vehicles that were in front
>>of me had anyone who looked Mexican.

>They are clearly profiling. Every once in a while they will stop me
>and ask me what my citizenship is, then they thank me and wave me on
>through. Most of the time they just wave me on through without saying
>anything.

So, just curious - do you look Chinese or something?
Old April 14th 05, 05:38 AM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"L Sternn" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 02:57:10 GMT, "Skip Elliott Bowman"
> > wrote:

>>> I've known welfare receipients who certainly could have gotten jobs if
>>> they had wanted to. In fact, I even saw the "Help Wanted" signs and
>>> I also saw foreigners evetually filling those positions.
>>>
>>> It's just so much more fun for them to sit around drinking all day.

>>It's a lot more fun watching people pontificate on a subject about which
>>they know so little (the innder thoughts of welfare recipients),
>>especially
>>filtered through the fog of ignorance and bigotry.

> You asked if I knew welfare recipents who said they wouldn't take
> work. I've done you one better by telling you I've known welfare
> recipients who didn't want jobs and instead sat around drinking all
> day.

> I knew them quite well. There was no reason why they shouldn't have
> been working.

So are you saying that the welfare recipients you know personally are an
accurate representation of the work ethiuc of all welfare recipients?

>>> You think only civil servants can have opinions?

>>They're the ones setting policy. Any fool can have an opinion. As you
>>are
>>demonstrating

> If you think our visa and immigration laws are perfect, I'd say
> you're the fool.

This is a convenient tool for someone whose facts are weak: make up some
ludicrous statement, attribute it to your opponent, and then disparage it.
Fox News does this regularly for fun and profit.

>>> You can sit there with a straight face and claim there has never been
>>> any abuse of the H1-B visa program?

>>No I can't, but then I never made that claim. Last I checked, all
>>American
>>workers haven't been laid off.

> Only because of limits on the number of H1-B visas granted.

You think that only by limiting work visas is the only way Americans can
jeep their jobs? Is that what you're saying?

>>> H1-Bs are supposed to provide skilled labor at fair market prices that
>>> cannot be found among the available work force already here.

>>Exactly.

> And although they are sometimes legitimate, far too often it's just a
> way for an employer to get cheap labor that is less likely to leave
> for a better job.

Well, you do have a right to your opinion. But the folks I know with green
cards, to a man, are working highly specialized jobs and are valued, loyal
employees. Well-paid, too.

>>> A musician and a writer without a sense of humor is a pretty sad
>>> thing.

>>How would you know?

> it was evident in the remark I replied to.

Ah. So you think I have no sense of humor. First day on Usenet, eh?

Old April 14th 05, 06:00 AM
Bernard farquart

"Skip Elliott Bowman" > wrote in message
k.net...
> "az-willie" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 20:22:49 +0000, Skip Elliott Bowman wrote:

>>> Face it, Paul--your bigotry and sense of privilege is showing.

>> ========
>> Actually your racism and ego are showing in that you think the illegals
>> can't take your job because you think you have talent and they don't.

> Please explain to me how an illegal alien will take my job as band
> leader/composer from me. I'd like to hear this.

Perhaps a Cuban?

With a crazy american wife?

Old April 14th 05, 06:15 AM
az-willie

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 02:50:12 +0000, Skip Elliott Bowman wrote:

> "az-willie" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 20:22:49 +0000, Skip Elliott Bowman wrote:

>>> Face it, Paul--your bigotry and sense of privilege is showing.

>> ========
>> Actually your racism and ego are showing in that you think the illegals
>> can't take your job because you think you have talent and they don't.

> Please explain to me how an illegal alien will take my job as band
> leader/composer from me. I'd like to hear this.

=========
News flash you egotistical *******.

The rest of the world has band leaders and composers. And you must not be
any big deal 'cause I never heard of you. Not that I pay that much
attention to such things.

Any talented band director could be hired to take your place. You aren't
the only one in the world.

It probably won't happen, but it could.

You're one of those who thinks their job is safe so let's let all the
illegals in so you can save $.50 on a car wash or whatever.

I say let's recruit all the musicians and composers from all third world
countries and bring 'em in so I can get cheaper entertainment. Hell I'm
retired I don't have to worry about my job.
Old April 14th 05, 06:38 AM
the guvner

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 16:06:36 -0700, "Phxbrd"

>> >Yatahey!

>> Nobody's falling for that, you're an engle.

>You hope to gain somehow through association with me? My god boy, build yer
>own reputation, and stop cheating customers and joking abut it. Jeesh....

Cheating???