A lap around "The Ring"

Old March 28th 05, 04:43 PM
MartyU

LOL, good to know where you stand, Randy. One of the few good things
about these dark times under Bush is that people are increasingly
willing to speak up and take politics seriously. One of the cultural
defects in American society has been treating politics as a dirty word,
and all politicians as bad guys.

I welcome your angry diatribe. While it's obvious I can't convince you
of the threat of Bush's neo-fascism, expressing our views is fundamental
to what is left of a free and open society.

Marty

Old March 28th 05, 05:12 PM
MartyU

Hmmm... www.freerepublic.com

Thanks, I'll add that to my reference list of sources of extremest
right-wing drivel.

Marty

Old March 28th 05, 05:13 PM
Mitch_A

This one little sentence speaks volumes and shows us exactly who John
Wallace is. And what an ugly view it is....

Stalin and Saddam both hero's while GW is the anti-christ?

Sad..

Mitch

"John Wallace" > wrote in >

Old March 28th 05, 05:16 PM
Mitch_A

Versus your concrete argument that half of the Iraqi population is going to
die of cancer...

They sell refills over the net now and its cheap

Mitch

"John Wallace" > wrote in

Old March 28th 05, 08:09 PM
rmagruder

Where do you get "half a million children" from?

Old March 28th 05, 08:10 PM
rmagruder

I also don't feel like getting into a debate about whether a cloudless
sky is really blue. Some things just aren't worth investing the effort
into.

Old March 28th 05, 08:19 PM
rmagruder

>> Should it be any surprise that Dick Cheney stated the war on terror
could last fifty years or more?>>

I wasn't aware that Dick Cheney launched the attacks on 9/11 (or is
that a conspiracy you also hold?)

>> It's the perfect "non enemy" to justify any spending, any rolling

back of civil liberties, the bill of liberties in the US, trial by jury
over here.

I realize you don't live in the USA, but I'm wondering just what civil
liberties you claim we've lost? Can you name even a single case where
some innocent American has lost any civil rights because of this
administration?

>> Our own corporations kill more every year in the name of profit,

peddling tobacco and fat/sugar laden crap for the populace to later die
from.

And undboutedly they are over here forcing our mouths open and making
us eat every bite. They are just coming into our homes at dinner times
and prying open our mouths and murdering us. Every seller needs a
buyer. Not sure why you remove free choice from the equation. You're
not one of those victim mentality types who think that we aren't
responsible for anything we do, that we're all just victims of
corporations? Sounds kinda like you are...

>> Compared to 9/11, twice as many children die every day from the

effects of poverty, but our efforts to do anything about that are
pitiful.

What left wing web site did you get those figures from? And what did
you do to ensure that the figures were indeed accurate?

>> Iraqi children are dying from cancers caused by OUR depleted uranium

shells

I'll be looking for your objective citation backing this up as well.

>> Why, because that's all that Britain and the US allowed in

under the embargo, despite the UN resolution specifically allowing such
drugs. >>

Hey Saddam managed to buy weaponry from the French and Russians during
the embargo...why didn't he buy medicine if the 'evil' US and Britain
were stopping him. I'm sure the French and Russians would have happily
sold some to him for the proper oil-for-food profits to corrupt
individuals (why is it that the left never acknowledges that the
French, Russians and Germans were on the take from Saddam, and that
Saddam's oil-for-food money was not getting to his own population - but
I suppose you'll just deny that, too).

The whole conspiracy thing is not only tired, it's also completely
illogical and isn't borne out by reality. Those claiming Bush is dumb
as a stump now credit him for somehow concocting and scheming world
domination - saying one or the other depending upon what day of the
week it is, how they feel, whether there's a full moon, etc. Then
there's Dick Cheney, you know, also known as Beelzebub. You just
vilify and make him the Dark Prince, and it really doesn't matter to
you whether your charges actually make any sense. As long as they make
you feel good and give you a human target against which to direct your
seething hatred, I guess that's okay....it's what is to be expected for
a person who lives in a country that gets its news from the BBC).
("the Biased British Communist" network)

Usually the more people vilify Bush and Cheney as Hitler, pro-corporate
or whatever, the more unhinged I'm convinced they have become.

Randy

Old March 28th 05, 08:24 PM
rmagruder

>> One of the few good things about these dark times under Bush is that
people are increasingly willing to speak up and take politics
seriously>>

How is that possible, since all of our civil liberties have been
stripped away by Dick Cheney. What prison cell are you writing this
from? I didn't know they had Internet access in Cheney's Liberal
internment camps?

Whenever you say "Bush's neo-fascism" I just smile the patient smile of
someone dealing with the mentally challenged. I'd ask you to try
thinking things through rationally and try to set hatred aside, but my
guess is that hatred and bitterness just feel good to you, so go ahead
and wallow in them.

As for making me angry, you're not making me angry, you are amusing me
in a pathetic kind of way. I'd love to see the results of a
psychological study of lefties who are upset because their continued
attempts to banish God from society and turn the US into another Cuba
keep getting thwarted at the ballot box. The more unhinged you guys
get, the bigger the Republican majority gets. If you libs were smart,
you'd actually try to persuade people of your opinion without getting
into all the neo-fascism cliches. People might actually listen to you
if you toned down the rhetoric and showed some degree of rationality.
Instead you post your 'manifestos' and people just tune you out as
another of Stalin's "useful idiots".

Randy

Old March 28th 05, 08:25 PM
rmagruder

Dave,

Sorry, man...we'll get back to sims - I guess he just caught me not in
the mood to tolerate the manifestos.

After today I will no longer reply to John & Marty's manifestos, okay?

Randy

Old March 28th 05, 08:49 PM
Steve Smith

I'm soooooooo sorry. This is all my fault. I was the one that injected
politics into an otherwise polite discussion of the virtual world vs.
reality. We oughtta have a rule like the one at my family's dinner table:
no POLITICS and no RELIGION. Can we all agree on that?

.. .

"Al Qaeda" does not exist Awake BMW 64 March 10th 05 11:25 AM
99 Cobra cracked ring cgun Ford Mustang 10 February 22nd 05 04:33 PM
Anyone heard the new NFL Ring tones? [email protected] Driving 4 January 11th 05 01:40 PM
cause of broken ring gear teeth RLGIRSCH 4x4 0 October 11th 04 09:05 PM