2004 Accord

Old February 28th 05, 07:49 PM
steve barboro

Default 2004 Accord

Has anyone had trouble with the front end banging on 04 Accord?

Old March 1st 05, 01:13 AM
Isidoro Pulido

What kind of banging? I have an '05 that has a weird "thump" noise coming
from the steering wheel when I reverse, then straighten out. It seems like
when I straighten out and drive forward, something sort of "thumps' into
place. I hear and feel it more prominently inside the cabin through my
steering wheel. I can barely hear something mechanical when I have my window
rolled down and the noise is re-created.

However, this only occurs during initial startup. It goes away after about
15 minutes worth of driving. I have to let my car sit for more than an hour
before the noise comes back. I have not had time to take it in to have it
checked. I plan to have it checked when I tale it in for the first 3500 mile
service (about 200 miles away).

Regards,

Isidoro 'Lolo' Pulido

Old March 1st 05, 02:48 AM
motsco_ _

steve barboro wrote:
> Has anyone had trouble with the front end banging on 04 Accord?

---------------------------

Add two litres of oil and it will stop 'banging' :-) (not much to go on)

'Curly'

Old March 1st 05, 02:15 PM
Bond 007

Mine is in the front end when going over bumps. Sounds like loose ball
joint, or steering links. The car has very low mileage 5000 this is why I'm
asking if it's a normal sound.

Old March 3rd 05, 04:41 AM
Isidoro Pulido

"Isidoro Pulido" > wrote in message
> What kind of banging? I have an '05 that has a weird "thump" noise coming
> from the steering wheel when I reverse, then straighten out. It seems like
> when I straighten out and drive forward, something sort of "thumps' into
> place. I hear and feel it more prominently inside the cabin through my
> steering wheel. I can barely hear something mechanical when I have my

window
> rolled down and the noise is re-created.
>
> However, this only occurs during initial startup. It goes away after about
> 15 minutes worth of driving. I have to let my car sit for more than an

hour
> before the noise comes back. I have not had time to take it in to have it
> checked. I plan to have it checked when I tale it in for the first 3500

mile
> service (about 200 miles away).
>
> Regards,
>
> Isidoro 'Lolo' Pulido
>

> "steve barboro" > wrote in message
> > Has anyone had trouble with the front end banging on 04 Accord?

Took the Accord in to the dealer and had them inspect the "thump". They
indicated that it was probably due to the ABS system resetting/activating
itself. I didn't know that Hondas did this. My '02 Olds Intrigue did this
and the noise from the Honda is somewhat similar. However, they could not
reproduce the issue. In any case, they said that if the noise got worse to
bring it back in and have it checked again.

LoLoMaN

Old March 4th 05, 06:41 PM
Timothy Kong

Our O4 Accord made a banging sound when going over bumps. The dealer said
the right front strut had an internal leak. After they replaced it, the
noise went away and the car handles better. You should bring your car to
the dealer.

Tim

Bond 007 > wrote:
: Mine is in the front end when going over bumps. Sounds like loose ball
: joint, or steering links. The car has very low mileage 5000 this is why I'm
: asking if it's a normal sound.
: "steve barboro" > wrote in message
: ...
:> Has anyone had trouble with the front end banging on 04 Accord?
:>
:>

Old March 4th 05, 11:02 PM
Imminent Vengeance

Timothy Kong wrote:

> Our O4 Accord made a banging sound when going over bumps. The dealer said
> the right front strut had an internal leak. After they replaced it, the
> noise went away and the car handles better. You should bring your car to
> the dealer.

How could it be a strut? I am pretty sure that the current Accord has a
double-wishbone setup in front and back with shocks and coil springs, just
like past Accords.

Old March 7th 05, 06:15 PM
Timothy Kong

:> Our O4 Accord made a banging sound when going over bumps. The dealer said
:> the right front strut had an internal leak. After they replaced it, the
:> noise went away and the car handles better. You should bring your car to
:> the dealer.

: How could it be a strut? I am pretty sure that the current Accord has a
: double-wishbone setup in front and back with shocks and coil springs, just
: like past Accords.

The dealer said strut and that's what on the parts list on work order.

Tim
Old March 8th 05, 03:49 AM
Thomas Hern

In article >, Timothy Kong
> wrote:

> :> Our O4 Accord made a banging sound when going over bumps. The dealer said
> :> the right front strut had an internal leak. After they replaced it, the
> :> noise went away and the car handles better. You should bring your car to
> :> the dealer.
>
> : How could it be a strut? I am pretty sure that the current Accord has a
> : double-wishbone setup in front and back with shocks and coil springs, just
> : like past Accords.
>
> The dealer said strut and that's what on the parts list on work order.
>
> Tim

They aren't really struts, exactly, but they call them that anyway.