EA NASCAR Demo Is Released

Old January 22nd 05, 12:36 AM
cuk

Neil Charlton wrote:

> 2. Spectator - no cockpit view

its just a game..move along
--
"For instance I can't think of the last time I actually paid for a copy
of Windows." -- James Calivar
Old January 22nd 05, 01:14 AM
JP

And for those, like me, who hate signing up all over the net,
ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/easports/demos/...acing_Demo.exe

Haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Old January 22nd 05, 01:29 AM
bluestringer

"David G Fisher" > wrote in message

> http://www.gamespot.com/?tag=gs_gsbc_gshome
> --
> David G Fisher

I'm not impressed. Bad graphics, I could not find a way to turn on the
spotter, can't see **** in the mirror, sounds ok, but could be better, dead
pit crew. I'll leave the setups and driveability to more experinced simmers,
but the race setup seemed too loose to me. It has a long way to go to beat
N2003 IMO.

bluestringer

Old January 22nd 05, 02:07 AM
JimC

Thank you

Old January 22nd 05, 02:24 AM
mjones53

it has potential, just that the default setups are horrible, the more I
drive it the better it seems to get. Whats up with the sound, can barely
hear my own engine? thought the sounds were suppose to be the best ever?
ink.net...

Old January 22nd 05, 03:20 AM
JP

Only a few laps on both tracks, but so far, like what I've seen.

- ditto on the graphics comments.
- haven't noticed the setups being anything terrible.
- no controller problems at all (TSW2 stock)
- but until the online is known/tried, who cares <g>

Old January 22nd 05, 03:27 AM
JP

"JP" > wrote in message
> Only a few laps on both tracks, but so far, like what I've seen.
>
> - ditto on the graphics comments.
> - haven't noticed the setups being anything terrible.
> - no controller problems at all (TSW2 stock)
> - but until the online is known/tried, who cares <g>

Forgot this; really like the realistic way to recover from a spin, unlike
03.

Old January 22nd 05, 03:39 AM
elrikk

"JP" > wrote in message
> And for those, like me, who hate signing up all over the net,
> ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/easports/demos/...acing_Demo.exe
>
> Haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Thanks for the url.

Elrikk

Old January 22nd 05, 04:20 AM
Tiny Lund

Show stopper - only 2 joysticks so my Speed7s aren't recognised

My Speed 7 and Momo force work fine. Haven't tried the BRD wheel yet

Old January 22nd 05, 05:27 AM
Darus

As mentioned above, but worth noting as it was something they got
right:

Controller input (setup) is excellent. Even my TSW2, which usually
causes "some" problems right out of the box, worked flawlessly. Simply
select the item, push, turn or click the controller and away you go.
Almost Papy like!

Recovery from a spin actually works, you know opposite lock! Wow!

Downsides:

This quote: "Users of L.C.D. displays, especially laptop displays, may
experience
noticeably decreased performance when running the game at any
resolution
other than the
native resolution of the L.C.D. display which is usually 1280x1024."

That was posted above from the readme. Guess what? There is no
1280x1024 mode offered. The highest I saw was 1280x960, both 16 and 32
bit.