Saw the new '07 Sebring Thursday

Old October 21st 06, 03:09 AM posted to alt.autos.chrysler.sebring,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan
Some O

Default Saw the new '07 Sebring Thursday

Just a bit of difference from the previous Sebring, but mostly positive
IMO. Chrysler can actually still do a tasteful styling job! <
The limited foot room for a long leg big foot front seat passenger has
been corrected. It's OK for me now. Still the same small glove
compartment.
The large Sebring trunk may even be a bit larger with tis new model.
I find the trunk space of the small SUVs too small for my use. Generally
they are too narrow for my golf clubs to go across the back, with our
cases towards the front.
The Caliber trunk is far too small for me and the truck like Nitro I
looked at is also deficient in trunk capacity, although I consider it
too large for me.

The desirable 2.7L engine is the same, no variable valve timing yet.
About C$27 for the 2.7L car, which has a very good level of equipment.

Unfortunately two negatives for my use have been introduced.

1. Several finger size deep channels in the hood. Bad for cleaning off
dirt and will be ugly for snow and ice. Obviously designed in California
and not audited by someone still left in Detroit, where the winter snow
will it tell all.
I can just see the snow and ice from those deep channels blowing up on
the windshield.
You can just see the channels in the hood picture he
http://www.chrysler.com/en/sebring/gallery/

2. A full sized spare isn't an option, so I assume it won't fit the well.
The sales manager got into my discussion with the sales person over this.
When I said assuming one dares a long trip on our "service free"
highways without a matching spare, "where does one put the flat". His
response: "put it in the trunk". Obviously not a very deep thinker.
The sales person said just keep my '95 Concord then. He meant it
because he already proudly pointed out the oldie Saab of his parked out
front. I'm surprised they allowed that!
---
Other possibilities in the Sebring category I will look at are Camry,
Altima and Fusion.
Old October 21st 06, 04:04 AM posted to alt.autos.chrysler.sebring,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan
[email protected]

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 02:09:02 GMT, Some O > graced this
newsgroup with:

<snip>

and this has to do with Nissans because.....?
Old October 21st 06, 03:21 PM posted to alt.autos.chrysler.sebring,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan
Hachiroku

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 02:09:02 +0000, Some O wrote:

> Just a bit of difference from the previous Sebring, but mostly positive
> IMO. Chrysler can actually still do a tasteful styling job! <
> The limited foot room for a long leg big foot front seat passenger has
> been corrected. It's OK for me now. Still the same small glove
> compartment.
> The large Sebring trunk may even be a bit larger with tis new model.
> I find the trunk space of the small SUVs too small for my use. Generally
> they are too narrow for my golf clubs to go across the back, with our
> cases towards the front.
> The Caliber trunk is far too small for me and the truck like Nitro I
> looked at is also deficient in trunk capacity, although I consider it
> too large for me.
>
> The desirable 2.7L engine is the same, no variable valve timing yet.
> About C$27 for the 2.7L car, which has a very good level of equipment.
>
> Unfortunately two negatives for my use have been introduced.
>
> 1. Several finger size deep channels in the hood. Bad for cleaning off
> dirt and will be ugly for snow and ice. Obviously designed in California
> and not audited by someone still left in Detroit, where the winter snow
> will it tell all.
> I can just see the snow and ice from those deep channels blowing up on
> the windshield.
> You can just see the channels in the hood picture he
> http://www.chrysler.com/en/sebring/gallery/
>
> 2. A full sized spare isn't an option, so I assume it won't fit the well.
> The sales manager got into my discussion with the sales person over this.
> When I said assuming one dares a long trip on our "service free"
> highways without a matching spare, "where does one put the flat". His
> response: "put it in the trunk". Obviously not a very deep thinker.
> The sales person said just keep my '95 Concord then. He meant it
> because he already proudly pointed out the oldie Saab of his parked out
> front. I'm surprised they allowed that!
> ---
> Other possibilities in the Sebring category I will look at are Camry,
> Altima and Fusion.

UGH!

Some people's taste is all in their mouths...

Must be a Chrysler salesman trying to drum up some sales for an ugly car!

The 96-02 Coupe was one of the best looking cars ever made. This thing is
an abbhoration!
Old October 22nd 06, 02:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.chrysler.sebring
Count Floyd

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 02:50:35 UTC, Joe Pfeiffer >
wrote:

> writes:
> >
> > well..why you would even think of a domestic car if you're looking at
> > something to last 10 years is beyond me.

> My daily driver is a 1978 Chrysler Newport.

Mine is a 1940 Chrysler Royal!

--
"What do you mean there's no movie?"