Door Alignment Problem, 2002 Grand Caravan

Old July 5th 07, 05:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
HKEK

Default Door Alignment Problem, 2002 Grand Caravan

The paint is chipping at the lower corner of my passenger-side door
and the adjacent (power) sliding door. There is no clearance between
them. I can't even slide a sheet of paper between them near the
bottom.

How do I correct this? It looks like I need to reposition the sliding
door slightly rearward. I have seen similar problems on other models
(interference), particularly when the sliding door is slammed shut!

Old July 5th 07, 07:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxpower

"HKEK" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> The paint is chipping at the lower corner of my passenger-side door
> and the adjacent (power) sliding door. There is no clearance between
> them. I can't even slide a sheet of paper between them near the
> bottom.
>
> How do I correct this? It looks like I need to reposition the sliding
> door slightly rearward. I have seen similar problems on other models
> (interference), particularly when the sliding door is slammed shut!

There should be a grommet at the top of each door, if they fall off you will
get this problem. Check to see that it isn't missing.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old July 6th 07, 12:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
HKEK

Right. There are two holes on either door where it appears grommets
should be found. There is a faint pattern in the mating pillar
indicating that they were once there. I'll have to get over to the
parts department...

Hope these will hold the right side sliding door back a bit. The left
side has a pretty good gap so they really don't need to hold that one
back at all.

Thanks much, saves me a trip to a body shop and some $!

Old July 6th 07, 02:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
philthy[_1_]

the door is missing the rubber bump stops
if you look closely atr the slider you will find 1/4 holes were the
bumpers go

Old July 7th 07, 01:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
HKEK

Got the bumper stops. Didn't help. The sliding door still rests
against the passenger door when closed. Need to visit a body shop I
guess.

Old July 7th 07, 03:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
philthy[_1_]

there is a adjustment on the door that has a bumpstop/aligment pin torq
bit fits it

Old July 7th 07, 06:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
HKEK

On the sliding door, right? Not the passenger door. I've got t move
one or the other. I also notice that the top front corner of the
slider is rubbing the paint off the B-piller so it seems the door
should go back a bit.

You would'nt happen to have an image from a shop manual that you could
send me, would you?

Old July 7th 07, 09:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
HKEK

Is it the shaft that protrudes out of the door at an angle? It has a
torqx head and engages into a socket in the B-pillar. Can you simply
turn that shaft in or out to fine adjust the closed position of the
door?

Old July 7th 07, 10:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxpower

"HKEK" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On the sliding door, right? Not the passenger door. I've got t move
> one or the other. I also notice that the top front corner of the
> slider is rubbing the paint off the B-piller so it seems the door
> should go back a bit.
>
> You would'nt happen to have an image from a shop manual that you could
> send me, would you?

There is TSB out on how to adjust the sliding door on your vehicle, it is
in detail and may help. See if your dealer will give you a copy of it. TSB
23-020-07

Glenn

Old July 8th 07, 04:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
philthy[_1_]

yes but u hjave to be carefiull if you have the power fdoors so you
don't upset the mechanicls for the door pinch sensors and limit switchs