Jeep yj 4cyl performance fuel injectors swap

Old July 5th 06, 08:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
jeepRio

Default Jeep yj 4cyl performance fuel injectors swap

I Recently found out that mustang 5.0 19lb fuel injectors will fit a 94
4.0 wrangler. So searching through google groups i noticed that many
people including myself was wondering if this would be a quick and fun
upgrade. I myself own a 95 wrangler with a 4cly. Through many people
say the 4cyl doesnt have power i beg to differ. I've added on my 95 rio
grande a rock -it max flow intake, 63 mm bored throttle body which i
did myself using a mid 90's 4.0 cherokee. msd 8mm wires, hi flow cat
with exhaust, bosch plat. plugs red top battery, helix throttle body
spacer and 4:88 gears thats just to name a few. SO anyway, i was in
search of some answers as to whether or not ford mustang injectors 19
lb will fit a 4cyl b/c it fits a 6cyl. I recently purchased off of ebay
a set of mustang ford racing 19# yellow fuel injectors for $49. I am
determined to let jeep fans know if there 4cyl wrangler has once again
another performance upgrade. But if any one has any suggests or have
done this before and would like to give some advice just reply?
Cheers!!!

Old July 5th 06, 11:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW

jeepRio did pass the time by typing:
> I Recently found out that mustang 5.0 19lb fuel injectors will fit a 94
> 4.0 wrangler. So searching through google groups i noticed that many
> people including myself was wondering if this would be a quick and fun
> upgrade. I myself own a 95 wrangler with a 4cly. Through many people
> say the 4cyl doesnt have power i beg to differ. I've added on my 95 rio
> grande a rock -it max flow intake, 63 mm bored throttle body which i
> did myself using a mid 90's 4.0 cherokee. msd 8mm wires, hi flow cat
> with exhaust, bosch plat. plugs red top battery, helix throttle body
> spacer and 4:88 gears thats just to name a few. SO anyway, i was in
> search of some answers as to whether or not ford mustang injectors 19
> lb will fit a 4cyl b/c it fits a 6cyl. I recently purchased off of ebay
> a set of mustang ford racing 19# yellow fuel injectors for $49. I am
> determined to let jeep fans know if there 4cyl wrangler has once again
> another performance upgrade. But if any one has any suggests or have
> done this before and would like to give some advice just reply?
> Cheers!!!

Won't do a darn thing unless your also pushing more air into the system
or running a stroker. Watch out you don't go too rich or your cat will melt.
An O2 gauge would be worthwhile. You will know when your going too
rich, the gas pedal will have a massive top-end flat-spot and giving
more gas will drop the RPMs. You don't want the engine running there.

Even I run stock injectors. Although I do use a voltage booster and
a larger pressure regulator. Higher pressure=higher flow.
Larger injectors would have allowed me to skip messing with the regulator
and pump, but they were also more expensive.

Still, go for it.

Another thing you can do is try to keep as much heat out of the intake
and fuel system as possible. They make insulation sleeves you can put
around the injector and rail. That's good for a bit. So is changing
to an electric fan and getting rid of the belt parasite.

Multispark is also a good boost, but it's tricky to get right. MSD
makes some good products. Watch the voltage. If you go too high you
will need to replace the distribtor with a wider one (stock one will
arc internally).

--
-- DougW -- 93 ZJ 4.0 http://members.cox.net/wilsond
HESCO Supercharger - 300W IASCA Stereo - Edelbrock IAS Shocks

Old July 6th 06, 09:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
jeepRio

Well let it be known that Ford racing bosch design 3 Part
#(F4SE-A18)off of a 5.0 4.6 mustang will indeed fit a 2.5 fuel injected
wrangler.This design has 4 holes at the end of the injectors instead or
just 1 ,like on the stock injectors. I started by removing the fuel
rail and disconnecting all electrical connectors that were attached
ect. Make sure you clean all the ports and replace the o-rings, on the
fuel injectors i bought the o-rings were in great shape so i used the
existing ones. Also it makes the job easier if you apply a little
grease to the o-rings ( top and bottom) this will make them side right
in and seat properly. The connectors fit perfectly and no modifcation
were needed. When removing the old injectors there is a retaining clip
it won't fit on the new injectors so you don't need them. The bolts
that hold the fuel rail in place is enought to hold the injectors in.
When your done drive the car for about 10 miles so the computer can
adjust.

Results: * I do recommend that you have some slight upgrades before
installing them, such at a cold air intake 62mm or 63mm throttle w/
spacer that way you have plenty of air going into the motor. Also
helpful is a full exhaust with highflow cat.This will help you from
running rich, along with good plugs.

- I noticed a quicker acceleration. (b/c the cam on the 2.5 hits its
power band at around 2,500rpm let the car reach the rpm.)
-noticeble torq in all gears( i have a 5 speed)
- I was able to stay in 5th easier instead of shifting all the time on
the highway or hills.
-Gas mileage stayed about the same if anything maybe i gained 1-2 extra
miles to the gallon, but the point of this experiment wasn't to improve
my mileage it was to get a little more out of the jeep.
- 3rd gear became stronger which was good around town and such.
-The idle stayed the same and the computer made all necessary
adjustments.
Conclusion:
This was a fun do it yourself type of job. These injectors also
were found on the XRT Couger. There is a site on google that sells the
same injectors for $300 thats how i found out that they would fit but
nobody i know ever tried it. That site recommends these injectors. They
are 19lbs( aka #19) ford injectors and they state not to go higher than
that. So their you have it another quick upgrade for the 4cyl and 6cyl.
Well if you have any questions send me a line and remember whether you
have a 4cyl wrangler or a 6 it's still a jeep, too many people on these
forums bad mouth the 4cyl and brag about their own jeeps Remember that
when you do the jeep wave it applies to all wrangler not just the 6.
Well i hope this blog helped a lot of people and freed up some
confusion. Cheers Jeep Rio!!!!!!!!

Old July 6th 06, 10:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW

jeepRio did pass the time by typing:

> ...When removing the old injectors there is a retaining clip
> it won't fit on the new injectors so you don't need them. The bolts
> that hold the fuel rail in place is enought to hold the injectors in.
> When your done drive the car for about 10 miles so the computer can
> adjust.

I would be careful. Those clips are to keep the high pressure side
connected. The rail hold-down is not designed to retain the force
created on the injectors and you might get a leak.

Might look at the clips for the mustang injectors to see if they
fit. You might come up with a zip-tie or other safety hold-down.

--
DougW

Old July 6th 06, 11:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

If you are getting better mileage than you are getting less
horsepower, that's a fact of life.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 6th 06, 11:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_2_]

Not necessarily. He could be getting more complete combustion. Four holes
instead of one could mean better atomization of the fuel. Or it could mean
that he is driving the vehicle better, because he knows that there are
different parts in it. It takes a while, and it is tricky to get good
mileage measurements.

I don't know about this though

> > there is a retaining clip it won't fit on the new injectors so you
> > don't need them

"It won't fit" doesn't mean "you don't need them".

Earle

Old July 7th 06, 12:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

BS, you want to know, can I drive up that hill faster than the
fifty miles an hour last time! If you do you will be using more energy
(gasoline.) No the oil companies don't hold the patent on that fifty
mile carburetor. As it would only work on that same fifteen to one gas
ratio.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 7th 06, 04:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
jeepRio

This project was to see if i could get some horsepower gains not so
much gas. Don't quote me on the "better gas mileage". The way the jeep
is running i can tell that there is a difference maybe a better
combustion due to the 4 hole design. The gains i recieved from this
upgrades is noticeble and fullfilling i do recommend it. As far at the
retainer clips are concerned , so far i've seen no leaks and everything
is sound. The ford injectors are a tad bit longer and when the fuel
rail is bolted up it adds a snug fit but i will find a way to make or
buy a retainer clip just in case a the high pessure side were to aid in
some sort of leak. But as far as i'm concerned i'm not worry about
it. If someone else decides to do this injector swap then you can find
or make a retainer clip. As far a hp gains , there is a difference i
know that there are new parts in the jeep but i did go on a pretty
extensive ride and monitored it. If i didn't think their was a
difference i would probibly sell those injectors and make a pretty good
penny but it works so im satified with. The fact of the matter is that
with the mod's i have now this swap complimented the performance on the
vehicle. But hey thanks for writting in. If anybody knows of any
interesting mod's or just some interesting tips for the 4cyl drop a
line until then Cheer!!! Jeep Rio

Old July 7th 06, 06:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

Just so long as you know you haven't gained any horsepower nor
miles per gallon until you've modified all the numbers in your computer
to work with each other via a DRBIII scanner programer:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Brand...spagenameZWD1V
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 7th 06, 06:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
bllsht[_1_]

Everybody knows the only way to get better mileage and power is by using the
tornado in conjunction with fuel line magnets.

With all due respect, you are full of ****.