Windshield wiper malfunction

Old October 5th 04, 02:33 AM
Yoboslayer

Default Windshield wiper malfunction

My '97 Dodge Caravan has an annoying problem where the wipers will activate
once in awhile on their own. I've tried messing with the turn signal
indicator and knob that usually turns on the wipers looking for evidence of
a bad contact without luck. I cannot duplicate this problem on my own, but
it appears from time to time.

Does anyone have this same problem? What did you do to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Old October 17th 04, 04:01 AM
ldenn2

Mine does the same thing. Maybe 1,2,3 swipes. May do it 2 days in a row,
then it may behave it's self for 6 months. It's always a suprise, but at
135000 miles I'm not going to worry about it.

Old October 17th 04, 04:01 AM
ldenn2

Old October 17th 04, 01:01 PM
maxpower

That has been a problem for yrs, we call it the phantom wiper or its a
device built into the windshield called a pollen sensor and when pollen is
detected it wipes one time,,,no serious now... if they turn on when the car
first starts it may be an indication of a low charge in the battery, other
wise, replace the multifunction switch, its very easy to do, just need a
philips screwdriver
glenn beasley
chrysler tech

Old October 17th 04, 01:01 PM
maxpower

Old October 21st 04, 01:24 AM
gad

Our 96 van has done this since it was new. We decided to find it
entertaining.

Old October 21st 04, 01:24 AM
gad

Old October 21st 04, 02:07 AM
James C. Reeves

There is a TSB on this problem...the TSB has been out for 5-6 years. Had my 97
GC fixed back in 98-99 by the dealer for no cost. Call your local
Dodge/Chrysler dealer...they may need to do some research on this "old" TSB at
this point...but be persistent.

. ..

Old October 21st 04, 02:07 AM
James C. Reeves

There is a TSB on this problem...the TSB has been out for 5-6 years. Had my 97
GC fixed back in 98-99 by the dealer for no cost. Call your local
Dodge/Chrysler dealer...they may need to do some research on this "old" TSB at
this point...but be persistent.

. ..

Old October 21st 04, 12:36 PM
Yoboslayer

Thanks for the insights. I thought I was the only one who had this problem.

Windshield wiper not working Ulf BMW 4 December 21st 04 12:50 PM
1977 Windshield wiper switch Jim Corvette 12 December 13th 04 02:32 PM
E36 Windshield Wiper assembly Gabe Knuth BMW 2 December 2nd 04 04:14 PM
E30 Windshield Wiper Motor/Switch? ballzo BMW 0 October 16th 04 02:56 AM