Remote not opening trunk

Old November 4th 04, 01:19 PM
yar

Default Remote not opening trunk

I have just brought a 2001 euro spec Corvette.

The manual states that I should be able to open the trunk with the key fob,
but this does not work.

Any thoughts please

Old November 4th 04, 03:41 PM
Charles Spitzer

either the remote button doesn't work or the unlatching servo doesn't. do
you hear a click or thump when you hit the button? if not, try jumpering the
servo to see if it will trigger manually. if so, perhaps the cable just
needs adjusting

Old November 4th 04, 03:41 PM
Charles Spitzer

Old November 4th 04, 05:41 PM
Dad

Put your key in the drivers door lock and unlock it 3 times and see if the
deck opens. Is so it may be your fob battery strength or the reception to
your rear latch is faulty.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old November 4th 04, 05:41 PM
Dad

Old November 5th 04, 05:19 PM
yar

Thanks for the help but I have found out the fob works different to the
books description.

I have to hold down the trunk opening button for a long while and then the
petrol cap opens.

I hold down the panic alarm button and the trunk opens.

Very confusing.

Old November 5th 04, 05:19 PM
yar

Old November 8th 04, 06:30 AM
TF

"yar" > wrote in message
> Thanks for the help but I have found out the fob works different to the
> books description.
>
> I have to hold down the trunk opening button for a long while and then the
> petrol cap opens.
>
> I hold down the panic alarm button and the trunk opens.

I guess if you can't find your car, one might 'panic'...hehe.

Old November 8th 04, 06:30 AM
TF

Old November 10th 04, 12:25 AM
Grayfox

Reprogram the key fob..somebody programmed it back asswards..simple fix ...

remote unlock engelbert Audi 6 January 17th 05 01:53 PM
Soft Touch trunk won't stay closed on 740iL BMW 0 December 29th 04 03:47 PM
528 trunk lid question Martini BMW 0 December 17th 04 05:34 PM
Soft touch close trunk on a 740iL inoperative Jim Collins BMW 3 October 4th 04 03:33 PM
Remote keyless entry problem ('96) Doug Haxton Corvette 2 September 24th 04 11:42 PM