1998 Cherokee XJ.. electrical/headlights ?

Old March 14th 05, 10:07 PM
Paw

Default 1998 Cherokee XJ.. electrical/headlights ?

Hey all,

Another issue popped up. The headlights work fine, both high and low. But
unless you push the switch in to turn off the headlights before I turn the
Jeep off, the lights won't go out. If I turn the Jeep off (ignition
off/engine stops) before I push the switch in the lights will not go out. I
have to turn the ignition key to start, then push in the switch and the
lights will go out. Anyone run across this? Ideas as to what to start
tracing down? No other electrical issues that I am aware of. Haven't had
this issue before w/ other Jeeps (1998, 1996). tia for any info or ideas.

Paul

Old March 14th 05, 10:30 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Hi Paul,
Look in your Owner's Manual and see if you're turned on your
headlight delay, some like it to be able to see to their home door,
after they've locked up. Test the module:
http://www.billhughes.com/HeadDelay.pdf
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O

Old March 14th 05, 10:54 PM
Paw

hey bill - Thanks, I'll do that, and let you know, thanks, again,
Paul

Old March 14th 05, 10:55 PM
Paw

Old March 14th 05, 11:44 PM
john

my 98 i just bought has the delay light thing like bill said, sounds
like thats it to me but what the hell do i know. john jr

Old March 15th 05, 12:42 AM
Paw

sweet - I'll check it out - never had anything so 'fancy' in my jeeps )
wish I had thought of it.. now i sound like a booob.

let you guys know, thanks again
Paul

Old March 15th 05, 03:01 PM
Mike Romain

Those are a pain in the butt!

I have given up telling folks they left their headlights on anymore so
for sure there are some sorry folks out there because of those stupid
things....

They stay on so you can see to get in the house....

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old March 15th 05, 03:44 PM
Paw

jeez.... I know.. like I can't stumble into our house sober, let alone
soused.... how are the lights going to help me..

Old March 15th 05, 08:57 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

They teach us to forget to think, even with the chimes going off.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old March 16th 05, 01:57 AM
Paw

You guys were right - Thanks! Boy what a n00b I am. But thanks, again,
Paul