1999 Town&Country in limp mode, speedometer doesn't work

Old September 4th 06, 03:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Rico

Default 1999 Town&Country in limp mode, speedometer doesn't work

My 1999 Chrysler Town&Country had some strange indications. The gear
wouldn't shift up, the engine service light came on and the speedometer
doesn't work.
After searching the internet on a solution I disconnected the battery
in order to reset the computer. The engine service light is out now
buth the speedometer and shift problems are still present.

Can anybody help me on this issue?

Thanks

Rico

Old September 4th 06, 04:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
DeserTBoB

On 4 Sep 2006 07:53:09 -0700, "Rico" > wrote:

>My 1999 Chrysler Town&Country had some strange indications. The gear
>wouldn't shift up, the engine service light came on and the speedometer
>doesn't work.
>After searching the internet on a solution I disconnected the battery
>in order to reset the computer. The engine service light is out now
>buth the speedometer and shift problems are still present.
>
>Can anybody help me on this issue? <snip>

Putting out the service light isn't a "fix." What was the code before
you did that, or did you just wipe the computer to get rid of the
light without fixing the problem? If you did, you've just opened up a
can of worms for yourself, as you'd wiped out diagnostic information.
Must be "dutch logic" at work here!
Old September 4th 06, 05:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
FeMaster

"Rico" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> My 1999 Chrysler Town&Country had some strange indications. The gear
> wouldn't shift up, the engine service light came on and the speedometer
> doesn't work.
> After searching the internet on a solution I disconnected the battery
> in order to reset the computer. The engine service light is out now
> buth the speedometer and shift problems are still present.
>
> Can anybody help me on this issue?

No speedometer and non-shifting gears would indicate (most likely) that one
of the two speed sensors on the transmission is bad. Though there is the
SLIM chance that there could be a wiring problem to one or the other...

Old September 4th 06, 05:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Hennie

"Rico" > schreef in bericht
ups.com...
> My 1999 Chrysler Town&Country had some strange indications. The gear
> wouldn't shift up, the engine service light came on and the speedometer
> doesn't work.
> After searching the internet on a solution I disconnected the battery
> in order to reset the computer. The engine service light is out now
> buth the speedometer and shift problems are still present.
>
> Can anybody help me on this issue?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rico

Een veel voorkomend probleem. Vervang de speedsensor op de bak.
It's a common problem. Replace the speedsensor on the tranny.

Hennie.

Old September 4th 06, 06:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
DeserTBoB

On Mon, 4 Sep 2006 18:56:47 +0200, "Hennie" >
wrote:

>Een veel voorkomend probleem. Vervang de speedsensor op de bak.
>It's a common problem. Replace the speedsensor on the tranny. <snip>

Hennie zal het probleem oplossen!
Old September 4th 06, 06:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Rico

Could you tell me the exact loction of the speedsensor, and how to
proceed to change it?

Rico

Old September 4th 06, 10:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Rico

How do I proceed in order to change the sensor? And how are mthose
connectors working, I don't get them disconnected.

YJ SPEEDOMETER DOESN'T WORK + rc Jeep 6 October 26th 05 06:14 PM
1992 f250 speedometer won't work [email protected] Technology 1 September 24th 05 05:05 PM
95 Chrysler Cirrus- Overheating, Limp mode roncole56 Chrysler 2 August 5th 05 12:52 AM
Out of work speedometer and odometer Jean Gaboury BMW 1 February 16th 05 03:38 AM
Speedometer doesn't work, transmission hesistant shifting. [email protected] Technology 0 December 10th 04 09:58 PM