POLL ::: If the rear differential of a 4WD jeep is overhauled by a Jeep Dealer because of failure

Old October 16th 04, 08:27 AM
Ted Azito

Yes, they should have. No they won't.
Old October 17th 04, 02:24 AM
Matt Whiting

aaa wrote:
> Oh, and did I mention the rear pinions were all torn up in the
> overhauled rear from just 120 days ago and had to be redone also again
> just two days after the front was rebuilt.

Just how many pinions do you have in your rear differential? If you
have more than one, then I think I know what your problem is! :-)

Matt

Old October 17th 04, 02:24 AM
Matt Whiting

Old October 17th 04, 05:01 AM
aaa

OK smart ass.
The PINION BEARINGS.

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 21:24:03 -0400, Matt Whiting

Old October 17th 04, 05:01 AM
aaa

Old October 17th 04, 12:55 PM
Ted Mittelstaedt

"aaa" > wrote in message
> Oh, and did I mention the rear pinions were all torn up in the
> overhauled rear from just 120 days ago and had to be redone also again
> just two days after the front was rebuilt.
>
> So here we have 3 differential reworks now in 120 days and I might be
> looking at a fourth on the front again for a concern that was
> mentioned.
>
> Be aware, these are JEEP DEALERS doing the repairs !

Would you please name names, like where and who the dealership is, so that
the
rest of us can avoid them?

I get so sick of these complainers like yourself badmouthing repair places
then not saying who or where the repair place is. It really makes me think
that the reason your not doing so is that there's other extenuating
circumstances
where it's your fault, and you don't want to accept the blame for it so you
don't want to give any opportunity for checking up your story.

If this story were really true and it really was their fault, you would have
no
qualms about telling us who it is that is screwing up your vehicle. Since
your
protecting their identity I question that your story is really true.

Ted

Old October 17th 04, 12:55 PM
Ted Mittelstaedt

Old October 17th 04, 01:21 PM
Matt Whiting

aaa wrote:

> OK smart ass.
> The PINION BEARINGS.
>

> On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 21:24:03 -0400, Matt Whiting
> > wrote:
>

>>aaa wrote:
>>
>>>Oh, and did I mention the rear pinions were all torn up in the
>>>overhauled rear from just 120 days ago and had to be redone also again
>>>just two days after the front was rebuilt.

>>Just how many pinions do you have in your rear differential? If you
>>have more than one, then I think I know what your problem is! :-)
>>

>>Matt

Well, that is a rather different failure mode than the pinion gear. Did
your differential leak oil? Most bearing failures are from lack of
lubrication. Probably the next most frequent failure mode is over
stress due to misalignment, excessive preload or abuse during use.

Matt

Old October 17th 04, 01:21 PM
Matt Whiting

Old October 17th 04, 02:20 PM
aaa

No point within this group.
If you work for Chrysler Customer relations you will be hearing from
me within the week and then you will know.

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 04:55:19 -0700, "Ted Mittelstaedt"
> wrote:

.. .