Replacing Trans Oil Cooler Line

Old March 8th 05, 07:30 AM
Dean

Default Replacing Trans Oil Cooler Line

Its late and I'm sure this is an easy question, but its got me stumped.

here are a few pictures that will hopefully make my 1,000 words a little more
clear:

http://home.comcast.net/~1redcreek/jeep/trans/index.htm

I'm replacing the Auto transmission oil cooler return line in my 98 TJ. I've
got the old line out and need to reuse the fitting that screws into the
transmission. There is a yellow clip the looks like you squeeze it or something
to make it release. The third picture in the group shows the new line and how
it snaps (?) into the fitting.

Can some one tell me how to undo this fitting? I don't want to break it with
some ham handed attempt with out at least an idea of how the thing actually
releases.

TIA
Dean

http://home.comcast.net/~1redcreek/
Old March 8th 05, 08:51 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I believe your retainer clip looks like this:
http://ken-co.com/fmsi/3102.jpg Which you would just squeeze the ears
down on the tube and pull.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old March 8th 05, 10:05 AM
Old Crow

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 00:51:27 -0800, L.W.(ßill) Hughes III
> wrote:

> I believe your retainer clip looks like this:
>http://ken-co.com/fmsi/3102.jpg Which you would just squeeze the ears
>down on the tube and pull.

It would help to spray some carb or brake cleaner down in the fitting.
They get dirt up in there and then the tabs won't move no matter how
hard you squeeze them. Also, as you're squeezing the tabs, push the
line slightly into the fitting to take the pressure off the tabs.

--
Old Crow
'82 Shovelhead FLTC 92" 'Pearl'
Old March 9th 05, 01:31 AM
Dean

Thanks Guys

Dean

replacing brake lines Steve Chrysler 4 January 23rd 05 09:27 AM
GM trans rebuild, low pressure and slipping in R and 1ST related? andy everett Technology 0 December 14th 04 12:59 AM
95 sl2 automatic - post diyer trans r&r Dave V Saturn 4 September 2nd 04 04:37 AM
Toyota A-340E trans problems - possible causes outside the trans? Doc General 6 May 27th 04 03:54 PM