1999 Accord EX V6 moonroof not closing completely

Old March 8th 05, 07:00 AM
Bill

Default 1999 Accord EX V6 moonroof not closing completely

Hi all

I slid the moonroof of my '99 Accord EX V6 open this afternoon. When I
wanted to close it later in the evening, it slid over 90% of the way back
but not all the way.

So there's a small open gap at the front of the moonroof and I can't figure
out what happened.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks.
Old March 8th 05, 02:32 PM
John Ings

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 00:00:10 -0600, Bill > wrote:

>Hi all
>
>I slid the moonroof of my '99 Accord EX V6 open this afternoon. When I
>wanted to close it later in the evening, it slid over 90% of the way back
>but not all the way.
>
>So there's a small open gap at the front of the moonroof and I can't figure
>out what happened.
>
>Any suggestions ?

Get yourself a small spray can of white grease at an automotive supply
store. Open the moonroof all the way. Clean out any dead leaves,
defunct grasshoppers and other crud you can see, then spray the
channels that the moonroof mechanism slides in. Cycle the moonroof
open and closed a few times.

Other lubricants like WD40 will work temporarily, but don't last.

Old March 9th 05, 05:38 AM
Keith J

I have that problem from time to time with my '99 EX V6. Open the roof all
the way. Near the front end, on the outside of the track, there is a metal
pieces that has a screw holding it down. You will see that it is loose.
Not sure what this does really, but I just tighten it back down and all is
happy again.

While open, do lube up the tracks and don't forget about the "pop-up" tracks
as well. You have to get them from the inside. Heck, while at it, do the
door hinges too!

-keith
tallahassee, fl

Old March 10th 05, 12:49 AM
Gordon McGrew

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 23:38:32 -0500, "Keith J" >
wrote:

>I have that problem from time to time with my '99 EX V6. Open the roof all
>the way. Near the front end, on the outside of the track, there is a metal
>pieces that has a screw holding it down. You will see that it is loose.
>Not sure what this does really, but I just tighten it back down and all is
>happy again.
>
>While open, do lube up the tracks and don't forget about the "pop-up" tracks
>as well. You have to get them from the inside. Heck, while at it, do the
>door hinges too!
>
>-keith
>tallahassee, fl

I have a similar problem on my '94 GS-R. In my case there is a
plastic slider in the track that has a broken spring. manually
sliding it in one direction or the other (can't remember which) solves
the problem for months at a time.