VW Jetta A3 1997 NO SPARK

Old February 27th 05, 08:21 PM

Default VW Jetta A3 1997 NO SPARK

I am having a no start problem with my 97 VW Jetta. I just replaced the
distributor and was timing the car, when I turned the distributor too
far and stalled it. I then moved the distributor back to its original
position and tried to start the car again. Engine would turn but no
spark. Coil pack is good I used my spare and got the same results.
Testing the Hall Sensor wiring I get a + 10 volts on the middle wire (
the one that is to be receiving the signal and send it to the EMC)
There is no short in the distributor. I tested it by disconnecting the
engine harness checking the wires with an ohmmeter. Any suggestion will
be appreciated.

Bill