Defrost vent question

Old July 15th 05, 12:21 AM
Mark

Default Defrost vent question

I have a 2003 Saturn ION-3. I noticed that when I am using the front vents
or heater vents that some air (not much) comes from the defrost vents. When
humid outside and I am using my A/C there tends to form moisture on the
windshield on the outside of the car. I didn't notice that last year.

The question: is a little air suppose to come out of the defrost vents when
the vents are set for the front vents or heater? I asked the dealership and
they said yes.

Thank you
Mark

Old July 16th 05, 12:55 AM
teem

God Damn I hate that!,All these summer morns I have to put up with
that weak assed blower,I tried heat on the defrost & it cleared
off,but,came back after I went back to the a/c.1 thing I noticed that
helps is-make sure the windsheild is clean on the inside,that film
that forms makes the defrost useless.On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 23:21:30 GMT,

Old July 22nd 05, 06:48 AM
DigitoNut

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 23:55:09 GMT, teem > wrote:

> God Damn I hate that!,All these summer morns I have to put up with
> that weak assed blower,I tried heat on the defrost & it cleared
> off,but,came back after I went back to the a/c.1 thing I noticed that
> helps is-make sure the windsheild is clean on the inside,that film
> that forms makes the defrost useless.On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 23:21:30 GMT,
> "Mark" > wrote:
>
>> I have a 2003 Saturn ION-3. I noticed that when I am using the front
>> vents
>> or heater vents that some air (not much) comes from the defrost vents.
>> When
>> humid outside and I am using my A/C there tends to form moisture on the
>> windshield on the outside of the car. I didn't notice that last year.
>>
>> The question: is a little air suppose to come out of the defrost vents
>> when
>> the vents are set for the front vents or heater? I asked the
>> dealership and
>> they said yes.
>>
>> Thank you
>> Mark

moiture form outside windshield is normal. you can relate this to a glass
of ice water on a humid day, the more humidity the more moisture form
outside the glass.

Old July 24th 05, 01:35 AM
teem

I am referring to the film that builds up inside on the wind
sheild,all cars experience this,some windex & a old wiper blade are
your friend.On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 01:48:13 -0400, DigitoNut

Old July 24th 05, 06:29 AM
Box134

That film drives me nuts. I think it's from plastic out-gassing. I've
cleaned my windshield multiple times with all kinds of solutions and when
you think you have it clean, a certain angle of light reveals wipe marks. In
the winter frost nucleates around dirt.