Q:156 interior

Old July 18th 05, 11:35 AM
ZT

Default Q:156 interior

hi, which year AR156 got 1st interior facelift, 1999?

Old July 18th 05, 10:07 PM
Gazza

2000/2001 I think.

Old July 20th 05, 10:52 PM
John, UK.

I think it was about May/ June 2002, could be wrong, I'm sure someone
has a face lifted model and will tell you.
John,UK.

Old July 21st 05, 02:48 PM
Pete

On 20 Jul 2005 14:52:43 -0700, "John, UK." >, wrote:

>I think it was about May/ June 2002, could be wrong, I'm sure someone
>has a face lifted model and will tell you.
>John,UK.

How, what, why? Define "face-lift".
If you mean the change to the nasty moulded all-in-one
centre console with a silly slot for your CD then I agree with
about mid 2002.
If you mean the change from Alpine to Sony then that got phased
in from late 2000 but they were still in the original centre console.

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso
Old July 21st 05, 06:24 PM
Max Reheat

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 14:48:34 +0100, > selected
combat throttle and flew into a dogfight with:

>On 20 Jul 2005 14:52:43 -0700, "John, UK." >, wrote:
>
>>I think it was about May/ June 2002, could be wrong, I'm sure someone
>>has a face lifted model and will tell you.
>>John,UK.

>How, what, why? Define "face-lift".
>If you mean the change to the nasty moulded all-in-one
>centre console with a silly slot for your CD then I agree with
>about mid 2002.

How, what, why?
Define "nasty" in the context of "moulded all-in-one".
Define "silly" in the context of "slot for your CD".

Oh, and while you're at it: what's got *your* goat?

--
Max Reheat () - deselect Part Throttle Reheat to reply.

Alfa 156 2.0 JTS Selespeed Veloce
Lancia Dedra 1.8i.e.SE
Old July 22nd 05, 01:38 PM
Pete

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 17:24:18 GMT, Max Reheat
>, wrote:

>>How, what, why? Define "face-lift".
>>If you mean the change to the nasty moulded all-in-one
>>centre console with a silly slot for your CD then I agree with
>>about mid 2002.

>How, what, why?
>Define "nasty" in the context of "moulded all-in-one".
>Define "silly" in the context of "slot for your CD".

I erroneously thought that the expressions were obviously
those of Personal Taste. I happened to think that the move
to the moulded all-in-one console looks "cheap" and "tacky".
The single slot is silly because it removes the users choice of
header unit. Not everyone wants music in their car, but those who
do had previously had the choice of CD, MD, or Cassette. To have
widened the range to include such as USB I would consider a step
forward. To remove user choice and use a cheaper cost cut unit is
not adding value to the range.

Personal choice, but one that prospective buyers "might" appreciate
being made aware of. Some may choose to buy a year earlier and
the audio they want. I know that I am happier with MD header and CD's
in the boot. They may not be interested in ICE and prefer the "Ford look"

>Oh, and while you're at it: what's got *your* goat?

My goat is perfectly happy and still living at Drucillas
in East Sussex :-) Visitors should check for opening times.

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso
Old July 22nd 05, 08:14 PM
Max Reheat

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 13:38:44 +0100, > selected
combat throttle and flew into a dogfight with:

>On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 17:24:18 GMT, Max Reheat
>, wrote:
>
>>>If you mean the change to the nasty moulded all-in-one
>>>centre console with a silly slot for your CD then I agree with
>>>about mid 2002.

>>How, what, why?
>>Define "nasty" in the context of "moulded all-in-one".
>>Define "silly" in the context of "slot for your CD".

>I erroneously thought that the expressions were obviously
>those of Personal Taste.

Perhaps you should have made it clear; the OP might have got the idea
that you were expressing the opinion of the NG.

> I happened to think that the move
>to the moulded all-in-one console looks "cheap" and "tacky".

I've not been in a pre-MY2002/06 156, so I can't say how many parts
the dash has. I personally prefer the lack of (gaping) seams that
I've seen in other cars.

>The single slot is silly because it removes the users choice of
>header unit. Not everyone wants music in their car, but those who
>do had previously had the choice of CD, MD, or Cassette. To have
>widened the range to include such as USB I would consider a step
>forward.

So you've missed all the postings regarding changing the header unit
for an alternative? AIUI, a surround is available to allow a standard
header unit, of your choice, to be fitted. Or do you mean you want
manufacturers original equipment and no-other will do? If so, you're
the first person I've ever heard of with that view (which you're
entitled to, of course).

I don't know of any current vehicle that has USB and cannot see any
practical use for it except perhaps to connect a laptop to the ECU.
Top Gear showed the standard line-in connectors provided in the (IIRC)
Citroen C4 (apologies to the NG for using the C-word). All new cars
ought to provide a line-in and 12v and 5v power for portable/personal
audio players of any type. (An optical connection might be going a
bit far).

> To remove user choice and use a cheaper cost cut unit is
>not adding value to the range.

I don't remember Blaupunkt doing cheap (over-priced, yes. Cheap, no).

>Personal choice, but one that prospective buyers "might" appreciate
>being made aware of. Some may choose to buy a year earlier and
>the audio they want. I know that I am happier with MD header and CD's
>in the boot. They may not be interested in ICE and prefer the "Ford look"

Er, Ford look? (apologies to the NG for using the F-word.) Apart from
the Focus, the Ford look is 'Bland' - honest, they've trade marked it
>;o). I wouldn't say that of any Alfa I've been in; though to be

honest that's limited to 156, 156 GTA, 147, and 147 GTA.

>>Oh, and while you're at it: what's got *your* goat?

>My goat is perfectly happy and still living at Drucillas
>in East Sussex :-) Visitors should check for opening times.

Glad to hear it.