Lost a friend and local Corvette club member

Old September 8th 04, 04:03 PM
Tedd Riggs

Default Lost a friend and local Corvette club member

We just lost a neat couple that has had only vette's since 1962 and very
active in the area's Vette functions. Decided to post this as there are
some Seattle area Vette owners. Leon was active in most ever vette rally in
the Pacific Northwest and loved black vette's and thru the years, almost
always had a "vette license plate" his last one was "C5VETTE". Very
surprised at the wreak as he was a expert driver. Photo's of accident are
unreal as its close to impossible to tell it was a vette, only thing that
gave it away was the back bumper was still intact.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...raffic07m.html
Short part of the article:
"Trooper Lance Ramsay said Leon Fix, 66, of Arlington, was speeding and
weaving on southbound I-5 about 2 miles south of Mount Vernon when he
apparently lost control of his black Corvette around 12:50 p.m. The car
drove onto the median, soared about 10 feet into the air then took a
nosedive onto a minivan and a sport-utility vehicle traveling in the
northbound lanes, said Ramsay.
Leon Fix died at the scene, as did Penelope Fix, 61. "

I usually do not post things like this, but Leon was a friend and also we
have had no vette deaths for about 10 yrs.
--
Tedd Riggs
Redmond, WA

Old September 8th 04, 07:53 PM
Empty3

"Tedd Riggs" > wrote in message
> We just lost a neat couple that has had only vette's since 1962 and very
> active in the area's Vette functions. Decided to post this as there are
> some Seattle area Vette owners. Leon was active in most ever vette rally

in
> the Pacific Northwest and loved black vette's and thru the years, almost
> always had a "vette license plate" his last one was "C5VETTE". Very
> surprised at the wreak as he was a expert driver. Photo's of accident are
> unreal as its close to impossible to tell it was a vette, only thing that
> gave it away was the back bumper was still intact.
>
> http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...raffic07m.html
> Short part of the article:
> "Trooper Lance Ramsay said Leon Fix, 66, of Arlington, was speeding and
> weaving on southbound I-5 about 2 miles south of Mount Vernon when he
> apparently lost control of his black Corvette around 12:50 p.m. The car
> drove onto the median, soared about 10 feet into the air then took a
> nosedive onto a minivan and a sport-utility vehicle traveling in the
> northbound lanes, said Ramsay.
> Leon Fix died at the scene, as did Penelope Fix, 61. "
>
> I usually do not post things like this, but Leon was a friend and also we
> have had no vette deaths for about 10 yrs.
> --
> Tedd Riggs
> Redmond, WA
> 1998 C5 6 spd

Tedd, many deep sympathies. What was the cause of the accident?

Old September 8th 04, 07:53 PM
Empty3

Old September 9th 04, 01:05 AM
Sting Ray

"Empty3" > wrote in message
>What was the cause of the accident?

Empty3, the article indicates the cause of the accident as set out herewith:

Old September 9th 04, 01:05 AM
Sting Ray

Old September 9th 04, 01:11 AM
Empty3

"Sting Ray" <Sting_Ray(no > wrote in message
ogers.com...
> "Empty3" > wrote in message
> >What was the cause of the accident?
> >

> Empty3, the article indicates the cause of the accident as set out

herewith:
> "Trooper Lance Ramsay said Leon Fix, 66, of Arlington, was speeding and
> weaving on southbound I-5 about 2 miles south of Mount Vernon when he
> apparently lost control of his black Corvette".

thanks StingRay, I had seen this, but I didn't know if this was weather
related, animal
crossing the road, freaking drunk driving on the wrong side, etc.
Apparently they were
elders and its sad for them to lose their life this way.

Old September 9th 04, 01:11 AM
Empty3

Old September 9th 04, 04:34 AM
04 C5 Black Coupe

Very sorry for the loss of your friends.

Old September 9th 04, 04:34 AM
04 C5 Black Coupe

Old September 9th 04, 05:40 AM
Sting Ray

"04 C5 Black Coupe" > wrote in message
> Very sorry for the loss of your friends.

Also sorry for the innocent victims hit by Leon Fix - i.e. the driver of the
van and his three passengers (a woman and two children) and the two ladies
in the SUV. How are the survivors doing? Any updates?