Cars for morbidly obese??

Old January 27th 05, 06:40 AM
Speed Racer

Default Cars for morbidly obese??

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, FERRANTE > wrote:

>My 1986 Olds 98 died. I am now without a car. Can someone suggest
>which cars have lots of room for someone my size? I need lots of leg
>room as my thighs are very big and I need that extra room. Hopefully
>no console between me and the passenger? Going to dealerships and not
>being able to fit into a car is very embarrasing. Also, I am talking
>about a used car as I cannot afford anything near new, maybe $2000 at
>the most. Please help me if you can with suggestions. Thanks!

This one still might be in your price range.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&item=45215979
40&category=86878

Old January 27th 05, 06:40 AM
Speed Racer

Old January 27th 05, 07:18 AM
Rod Speed

> FERRANTE > wrote

> My 1986 Olds 98 died.

Hardly surprising given that it had to cart you around.

> I am now without a car.

Dont worry, you'll be without a life soon.

> Can someone suggest which cars have
> lots of room for someone my size?

Get a semi with one of those crane things built in.

> I need lots of leg room as my thighs are very big and I need that extra room.

The semi would be fine.

> Hopefully no console between me and the passenger?

There too.

> Going to dealerships and not being able to fit into a car is very embarrasing.

You could do the decent thing and shoot yourself.

> Also, I am talking about a used car as I cannot
> afford anything near new, maybe $2000 at the most.

A VERY used semi.

> Please help me if you can with suggestions. Thanks!

See above.

Old January 28th 05, 08:41 PM
Old Wolf

Speed Racer wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, FERRANTE > wrote:
> >
> >My 1986 Olds 98 died. I am now without a car. Can someone suggest
> >which cars have lots of room for someone my size? I need lots of leg
> >room as my thighs are very big and I need that extra room. Hopefully
> >no console between me and the passenger? Going to dealerships and

not
> >being able to fit into a car is very embarrasing. Also, I am talking
> >about a used car as I cannot afford anything near new, maybe $2000

at
> >the most. Please help me if you can with suggestions. Thanks!

I saw a fat **** in a Mazda 121 one time. He took up about
2/3 the width of the car. Watching its cornering wasn't pretty.
I don't know how he got around the gearstick (probably had a
short shift or something).

Old January 28th 05, 11:23 PM
Furious George

Old Wolf wrote:
> Speed Racer wrote:
> > On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, FERRANTE > wrote:
> > >
> > >My 1986 Olds 98 died. I am now without a car. Can someone suggest
> > >which cars have lots of room for someone my size? I need lots of

leg
> > >room as my thighs are very big and I need that extra room.

Hopefully
> > >no console between me and the passenger? Going to dealerships and

> not
> > >being able to fit into a car is very embarrasing. Also, I am

talking
> > >about a used car as I cannot afford anything near new, maybe $2000

> at
> > >the most. Please help me if you can with suggestions. Thanks!

> I saw a fat **** in a Mazda 121 one time. He took up about
> 2/3 the width of the car. Watching its cornering wasn't pretty.
> I don't know how he got around the gearstick (probably had a
> short shift or something).

Fat people don't really have short gear sticks. It's just that the fat
covers it up. Hint to the clueless: if you can't see your gear stick
then you need to lose weight.

Old January 29th 05, 12:39 AM
ChrisCoaster

Furious George wrote:
> Old Wolf wrote:
> > Speed Racer wrote:

>the most. Please help me if you can with suggestions. Thanks!
> >
> > I saw a fat **** in a Mazda 121 one time. He took up about
> > 2/3 the width of the car. Watching its cornering wasn't pretty.
> > I don't know how he got around the gearstick (probably had a
> > short shift or something).

> Fat people don't really have short gear sticks. It's just that the

fat
> covers it up. Hint to the clueless: if you can't see your gear

stick
> then you need to lose weight.

THAT WILL BE FINE! Does the thread have to venture into that
territory??

Seriously though, men and women from 1960 to 2000 have gained an inch
in average heights(M: 5'8" > 5'9", W: 5'4" > 5'5") but over 30lbs in
weight.(M: 161lb > 193, W: 135lb > 166!) A healthy weight gain for
that 40 years would have been about 10lbs. Problem is we eat so much
processed foods with so much **** in the ingredients label you can't
pronounce! You carry that around for months on end, un-digested, and
thats where the weight comes from.

Cars have been getting taller every decade since the 70s, with the 77
Caprice-Impala being an inch taller than the '64s, the 1991-96 being an
inch taller than the 77s, and the present Impala an inch taller than
that, at 57 1/2 in. Toyota Corolla? The 2004 is 58" tall. The 1994
was 55". the 1984 Corolla was 52" tall.

Wider? I don't know. The streets are only so wide, and there are laws
about vehicle width.

-CC

Old January 29th 05, 02:58 AM
Rod Speed

"ChrisCoaster" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Furious George wrote:
>> Old Wolf wrote:
>> > Speed Racer wrote:

>>the most. Please help me if you can with suggestions. Thanks!
>> >
>> > I saw a fat **** in a Mazda 121 one time. He took up about
>> > 2/3 the width of the car. Watching its cornering wasn't pretty.
>> > I don't know how he got around the gearstick (probably had a
>> > short shift or something).

>> Fat people don't really have short gear sticks. It's just that the

> fat
>> covers it up. Hint to the clueless: if you can't see your gear

> stick
>> then you need to lose weight.

> THAT WILL BE FINE! Does the thread have to venture into that
> territory??
>
> Seriously though, men and women from 1960 to 2000 have gained an inch
> in average heights(M: 5'8" > 5'9", W: 5'4" > 5'5") but over 30lbs in
> weight.(M: 161lb > 193, W: 135lb > 166!) A healthy weight gain for
> that 40 years would have been about 10lbs. Problem is we eat so much
> processed foods with so much **** in the ingredients label you can't
> pronounce! You carry that around for months on end, un-digested, and
> thats where the weight comes from.

Nope.

Wota ****ing ******.

Old January 29th 05, 04:46 AM
SoCalMike

ChrisCoaster wrote:

> Wider? I don't know. The streets are only so wide, and there are laws
> about vehicle width.

cars sold in japan tend to be narrower, because their garages are
narrower. a lot even have folding mirrors.
Old February 2nd 05, 12:24 PM
ChrisCoaster

Thanks for your kind contributions here. Are you by chance from a
"red" state?

Old February 2nd 05, 07:16 PM
Rod Speed

ChrisCoaster > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Thanks for your kind contributions here.

No problem, hippo.

> Are you by chance from a "red" state?

Nope. Not even from the same country.

American cars Dave Antique cars 6 February 13th 05 04:27 PM
NTSB Wants Black Boxes in Passenger Vehicles MoPar Man Chrysler 62 January 14th 05 02:44 PM
Vintage Cars Get Hot with Makeovers Grover C. McCoury III Ford Mustang 2 December 5th 04 04:13 AM
European Cars Least Reliable Richard Schulman VW water cooled 3 November 11th 04 09:41 AM
FS: 1991 "Classic Cars" (Of The World) Cards with Box J.R. Sinclair General 0 May 27th 04 07:31 AM