Where's '01 a6 battery well water drain?

Old October 14th 05, 11:52 PM
Frank Brunke

Default Where's '01 a6 battery well water drain?

I have a 2001 A6 2.8. Rrecently, after a heavy rain, I can hear what
sounds like the heater fan hitting water. There also is some water
dripping down into the footwell on the passenger side front. I looked
into the well between the engine compartment and the firewall, and saw
a pool of water about 2 inched deep. The battery is mounted about in
the center of the well.
My question is… Where is the drain/drains for this well? I imaging
there is a drain hole or tube somewhere, but before poking around, I
was hoping I could get some suggestions.
Thanks and have a nice weekend

Old October 15th 05, 10:35 PM
Iain Miller

"Frank Brunke" > wrote in message
>I have a 2001 A6 2.8. Rrecently, after a heavy rain, I can hear what
> sounds like the heater fan hitting water. There also is some water
> dripping down into the footwell on the passenger side front. I looked
> into the well between the engine compartment and the firewall, and saw
> a pool of water about 2 inched deep. The battery is mounted about in
> the center of the well.
> My question is. Where is the drain/drains for this well? I imaging
> there is a drain hole or tube somewhere, but before poking around, I
> was hoping I could get some suggestions.
> Thanks and have a nice weekend

Fix this quickly - if water gets into the floor your CCM (climate control
module) will blow. In their wisdom VAG put these in the floor somewhere
under the seat. This controls all kinds of stuff apart from the Climate
control .

The drain holes (there are two) are located under the battery (you'll have
to remove the battery and the tray) and further across kind of underneath
the brake fluid reservoir.

You also need to dry the inside of the car out - there is some space
underneath the carpets & it will be wetter than you first think in there.

A dehumidifier is your friend.

I.

Old October 15th 05, 11:51 PM
Frank Brunke

thanks Iain.
Not exactly the answer I was hoping for but.... appreciated just the
same.
I have a dehumdiifier available, the interesting part is finding a
place for it in the car. , maybe across the back seat.
So tomorrow is pull the battery day. Hopefully I'll remember to check
the radio code before I remove the battery.
thanks again and have a nice weekend.\
Frank

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 21:35:01 GMT, "Iain Miller" > wrote:

.. .

Old October 16th 05, 08:40 PM
Steve G

I had the same problem

Its an easy job to remove the battery and clean the drain holes. 15mins max.

Great advise on this forum

http://www.audiworld.com

"Frank Brunke" > wrote in message
> thanks Iain.
> Not exactly the answer I was hoping for but.... appreciated just the
> same.
> I have a dehumdiifier available, the interesting part is finding a
> place for it in the car. , maybe across the back seat.
> So tomorrow is pull the battery day. Hopefully I'll remember to check
> the radio code before I remove the battery.
> thanks again and have a nice weekend.\
> Frank
>
> On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 21:35:01 GMT, "Iain Miller" > wrote:

. ..

Old October 17th 05, 09:39 PM
Nicholas Hoskins

Frank,

Had this exact issue during the rain a couple of weekends ago.

2002 A6 Avant. Needless to say the car is somewhat out of order, I have
the car located at the Princeton Audi dealership, delivered via
trailer. They have had the car 3 days thus far, have other cars with
the same issue that they are fixing . . .

Wish I knew about this before the rain . . .

Hope you just have damp carpets chap !

Cheers

Nicholas