'96 Explorer XLT Inside Dome/Courtesy Lights

Old November 21st 04, 01:55 AM
Fred 2

Default '96 Explorer XLT Inside Dome/Courtesy Lights

Can anyone with a four door '96 Explorer XLT B-trim (high console
trim, etc) verify if when a door is opened as to whether the front
over head lights (by the compass/thermometer), the lights above the
rear passenger seats, and the light in the cargo area by the hatch
glass all turn on.

On mine only the overhead lights near the compass/thermometer and the
light in the cargo area come on. I know the lights above the rear
passenger seats turn on when you push the buttons next to them, but I
could have sworn that they also turn on when a door is opened.

Thanks for your help.

Old November 21st 04, 04:31 AM
Jim Warman

Owners manual?????

Old November 21st 04, 09:21 PM
Fred 2

I looked in the owner's manual it doesn't state specifically if the
overhead lights above the rear passenger seats turn on when a door is
opened or the switch on the dash is turned on. I know the bulbs are
good, so I am trying to determine if whether the GEM might be bad.
That's why I am looking for verification from anyone else.

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 04:31:22 GMT, "Jim Warman"
> wrote:

>Owners manual?????

.. .

Old November 22nd 04, 12:48 AM
Jim Warman

Looking at the '96 EVTM manual, it appears that all overhead lighting shares
a common switch controlled by the GEM..... if some lamps work and others
don't, I would persue other diagnostic avenues first.

"Fred 2" > wrote in message

> I looked in the owner's manual it doesn't state specifically if the
> overhead lights above the rear passenger seats turn on when a door is
> opened or the switch on the dash is turned on. I know the bulbs are
> good, so I am trying to determine if whether the GEM might be bad.
> That's why I am looking for verification from anyone else.
>
> On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 04:31:22 GMT, "Jim Warman"
> > wrote:
>
>>Owners manual?????

. ..