98 Civic CX battery drain

Old November 28th 04, 11:41 PM
neosirex

Default 98 Civic CX battery drain

I've replaced both the alternator and battery on my car but for some reason
when it runs i can see my headlights pulsing to a dim. It happened in stop
and go traffic one night where it just killed all the electric in my car.
I know it has something to do with the accident i had recently but i
didn't think it was that major so i got some ODB scanner codes and was
wondering if anyone knew if these had anything to do with the problem.

p0501 speed sensor a (range/performace)

p1298 Manufacturer control fuel air metering

p0135 sensor heater circuit malfunction

p0141 sensor heater circuit malfunction

If anyone know how to fix these either the info would also be appreciated.
Thanks.

Old November 29th 04, 01:31 AM
SoCalMike

neosirex wrote:
> p0135 sensor heater circuit malfunction
>
> p0141 sensor heater circuit malfunction

O2 heater circuit malfunctions. i has a 0135 on my 98 hatch, it was the
oxygen sensor in the manifold. 0141 is likely the bottom one.

i think theres a bigger problem tying all this together myself,
personally. i dont think all your sensors are going haywire all at the
same time, unless youve REALLY neglected the car, put really really bad
gas in it, or something else major.

id test the O2 sensors... if they test out ok, then it might be a bad
computer?
Old November 29th 04, 01:31 AM
SoCalMike

Old November 29th 04, 01:46 AM

neosirex > wrote:
> I've replaced both the alternator and battery on my car but for some reason
> when it runs i can see my headlights pulsing to a dim. It happened in stop
> and go traffic one night where it just killed all the electric in my car.

Were you hit pretty hard? Maybe the ground strap from the engine to the
chassis broke loose.

If the battery came loose from it's mounting, maybe it broke the cables
internally. Maybe it pulled on the ground connection just enough to make
the bolt loosen a bit.

Loosen the ground cable from the battery and retighten it. Same with the
engine to body strap.

---

Old November 29th 04, 01:46 AM

Old November 29th 04, 04:28 AM
neosirex

Well i sorta rear ended the person and it wasn't all that hard. Most
everything was in place except the front part of the frame was bent inward
a little. The other persons car didn't take any damage except scratches.

Old November 29th 04, 04:28 AM
neosirex

Old November 29th 04, 04:31 AM
neosirex

any suggestions on how to test the O2 sensors? i really have no idea how i
would do that.

Old November 29th 04, 04:31 AM
neosirex

Old November 30th 04, 05:14 AM
Steve

Could be the ground strap or a ground in a wire off the cpu.. All the codes
don't have much to do with each other.
Steve

lkaboutautos.com...