2008 or 2009 Honda Accords

Old April 23rd 09, 02:46 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Observer

Default 2008 or 2009 Honda Accords

Just wondering if those who own this car have problems with the
protruding headlights or tail lights? I don't mean if you like or
dislike them but rather from a mechanical, functional or practical
standpoint.
Old April 23rd 09, 10:45 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Charlie Darwin[_2_]

"Observer" > wrote in message
> Just wondering if those who own this car have problems with the
> protruding headlights or tail lights? I don't mean if you like or
> dislike them but rather from a mechanical, functional or practical
> standpoint.

My girlfriend is built the same way...and no problemas...

Old April 24th 09, 12:17 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger[_2_]

"Charlie Darwin" > wrote in news:gsqngu$hpo$1
@news.albasani.net:

> "Observer" > wrote in message
>> Just wondering if those who own this car have problems with the
>> protruding headlights or tail lights? I don't mean if you like or
>> dislike them but rather from a mechanical, functional or practical
>> standpoint.

> My girlfriend is built the same way...and no problemas...

They fall readily to hand, you might say.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old April 25th 09, 01:49 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Steve L[_1_]

"Charlie Darwin" > wrote in message
> "Observer" > wrote in message
>> Just wondering if those who own this car have problems with the
>> protruding headlights or tail lights? I don't mean if you like or
>> dislike them but rather from a mechanical, functional or practical
>> standpoint.

> My girlfriend is built the same way...and no problemas...

Funny guy, thanks!

Old April 25th 09, 05:07 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Pszemol

"Charlie Darwin" > wrote in message
> "Observer" > wrote in message
>> Just wondering if those who own this car have problems with the
>> protruding headlights or tail lights? I don't mean if you like or
>> dislike them but rather from a mechanical, functional or practical
>> standpoint.

> My girlfriend is built the same way...and no problemas...

LOL :-)))))

Old May 4th 09, 02:06 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 08:46:23 -0500, Observer > wrote:

>Just wondering if those who own this car have problems with the
>protruding headlights or tail lights? I don't mean if you like or
>dislike them but rather from a mechanical, functional or practical
>standpoint.

Well they do dim a bit more than in any other Accord. My sister owns
an 08 and it really bothers me, especially when you have the A/C on
and it keeps flickering every 20 seconds.

Here is someone's youtube on the problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWfYIIG8tC0
Old May 4th 09, 06:59 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Pszemol

> wrote in message
> Well they do dim a bit more than in any other Accord. My sister owns
> an 08 and it really bothers me, especially when you have the A/C on
> and it keeps flickering every 20 seconds.
>
> Here is someone's youtube on the problem.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWfYIIG8tC0

I have the same problem indicated in the youtube video
on my 2004 accord 2door 4-cyl. In his video we can hear
the A/C compressor and fan clicking on/off causing the
rpms change on the engine and the voltage fluctuations.

When I run my car with the voltmeter in the cigarette
socket I see momentary voltage drops below 12V causing
obvious intensity changes in the headlights. This happens
also during driving.

The explanation given by the honda shop was that the
car uses "ecological" alternator which does not charge
the battery all the time like with older cars, keeping the
voltage at 13.5-14V - in honda, the alternator turns off
when the battery is charged, so the fluctuations in load
cause fluctuations in voltage battery can provide to the load.

You can "fix" the problem installing HID headlights with
their own power supplies - that should eliminate flicker
on headlights, but the voltage in the rest of the circuit
would still fluctuate - I would not mind this - the headlights
flicker ****es me off, I do not care about the rest :-)

BTW
- the original poster probably asked about the mechanical
aspect of the protruding lights, not the flickering :-)