Was This You, Aunt Judy?

Old March 10th 05, 05:58 PM
John Harlow

Default Was This You, Aunt Judy?

> A Tampa man was arrested Tuesday and charged with aggravated stalking,
> or road rage, after allegedly threatening a woman whose car had a
> Bush/Cheney bumper sticker.

Not that this person's actions are excusable, but putting any bumper sticker
on a car is at best not going to irritate someone.

Who has ever made a political decision based on what's on someone else's
bumper? To me it has the opposite effect when you see someone doing
something stupid; they end up all lumping in together.

Old March 10th 05, 06:33 PM
Brent P

In article >, John Harlow wrote:

>> A Tampa man was arrested Tuesday and charged with aggravated stalking,
>> or road rage, after allegedly threatening a woman whose car had a
>> Bush/Cheney bumper sticker.

> Not that this person's actions are excusable, but putting any bumper sticker
> on a car is at best not going to irritate someone.
>
> Who has ever made a political decision based on what's on someone else's
> bumper? To me it has the opposite effect when you see someone doing
> something stupid; they end up all lumping in together.

Bumper stickers, especially political ones (regardless of what 'side') give
warning that the driver of the vehicle lacks driving skill and likely
does not care for his vehicle. My first introduction to this was an
aggressive MFFY driver I would encounter frequently on my way to work.
He drove a tan volvo wagon with the bumper sticker 'Rush is right'.

Old March 10th 05, 06:41 PM
John Harlow

> does not care for his vehicle. My first introduction to this was an
> aggressive MFFY driver I would encounter frequently on my way to work.
> He drove a tan volvo wagon with the bumper sticker 'Rush is right'.

Exactly. If I were running for political office I'd ask supporters to not
put stickers with my name on their cars for fear of this kind of negative
association.

Old March 11th 05, 06:23 AM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

Scott en Aztl=E1n wrote:

> The man allegedly held up an anti-Bush sign, something about Bush
> having killed innocent people in Iraq.

Yeah, but it's just 100,000. And mostly just womean and children.

Old March 11th 05, 06:54 PM
The Office Jet

>They also advertise to the world that you backed a loser, as in the
>case of the idiot driving around in a K-car with the (faded) Michael
>Dukakis bumper sticker.

That's pretty funny. i can picture a guy riding around 15 years from
now with a Kerry sticker.

Old March 12th 05, 12:40 AM
Paul

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 20:35:16 -0800, Scott en Aztl=E1n , one of an infinite=
=20
number of monkeys at an infinite number of typewriters said the following=
=20
in rec.autos.driving...=20

>=20
> They also advertise to the world that you backed a loser, as in the
> case of the idiot driving around in a K-car with the (faded) Michael
> Dukakis bumper sticker.

You mean there are still K-cars on the road? I had hoped that time (and=20
rusting) had finally rid the world of them by now....
Old March 14th 05, 05:20 PM
markansas859

Paul wrote:
> You mean there are still K-cars on the road? I had hoped that time
> (and rusting) had finally rid the world of them by now....

yep, my girlfriends dad has a 1986 Dodge Aries wagon.

hasn't been moved since last August, but registration and insurance is
current.

I imagine if he pumped up the low tire, it would start right up, and take
him wherever he wanted to go.

It has removed 597 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

Old March 14th 05, 05:27 PM

markansas859 wrote:
> Paul wrote:
> > You mean there are still K-cars on the road? I had hoped that time
> > (and rusting) had finally rid the world of them by now....

> yep, my girlfriends dad has a 1986 Dodge Aries wagon.
>
> hasn't been moved since last August, but registration and insurance

is
> current.
>
> I imagine if he pumped up the low tire, it would start right up, and

take
> him wherever he wanted to go.

K-cars were great cars as were their ancestors the valiant/duster. Of
course in between you had the idiotic volare/aspen.