2005 Caravan Passenger Headroom

Old February 24th 05, 05:15 PM
Sid

Default 2005 Caravan Passenger Headroom

Anyone having serious passenger headroom issues with the 2005 Caravan,
especially with leather, elecronic passenger power seat.......and if
so....any luck with Chryser in correctiing?

Old February 24th 05, 06:03 PM
maxpower

Head room??? did you sit in the vehicle before you purchased it?

Old February 24th 05, 06:57 PM
Joe Pfeiffer

"Sid" > writes:

> Anyone having serious passenger headroom issues with the 2005 Caravan,
> especially with leather, elecronic passenger power seat.......and if
> so....any luck with Chryser in correctiing?

I'm... puzzled. How could you fail to notice this before you bought
the vehicle? Didn't you test drive it?
Old February 24th 05, 09:21 PM
jdoe

If you get a sunroof and side air bags yes head room is very difficult for
"full size" people.
Larry

Old February 24th 05, 10:16 PM
Punch

"Sid" > wrote in message
> Anyone having serious passenger headroom issues with the 2005 Caravan,
> especially with leather, elecronic passenger power seat.......and if
> so....any luck with Chryser in correctiing?

try the seat forward or back, or even recline it a bit, my wifes mazda
protege was a pain, kept hitting the oh**** handle with my head.

Old February 25th 05, 03:47 AM
Sid

We did test drive it and it was great...but in order to get some of the
options we wanted...we had to get leather seats with the electronic
passenger power seat...because of this the passenger seats default position
is too high...the power controls only front/back and reclining....There is
no way one could have known this without sitting in the passenger seat. The
driver seat is fine because the seat can be lowered....going to arbitration
to try to get a regular seat put in.......Thankfully,we only leased the
vehicle.....

Old February 25th 05, 06:53 PM
Sid

Old February 25th 05, 06:55 PM
Sid

ps.. My wife is only 5'4 and keeps banging her head when she gets
in.....then again, so do I and I am 5"8. We are definitely not tall
people....I am going after Chrysler to put a regular, non-powerseat in and
that will definetly fix the problem, because the driver side is fine...never
banged my head once.........

Old February 25th 05, 10:22 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005, Sid wrote:

> ps.. My wife is only 5'4 and keeps banging her head when she gets
> in.....then again, so do I and I am 5"8. We are definitely not tall
> people....I am going after Chrysler to put a regular, non-powerseat in
> and that will definetly fix the problem, because the driver side is
> fine...never banged my head once.........

Your failure to try the van for size and fit before signing the contract
is Chrysler's fault...how, exactly?
Old February 25th 05, 10:23 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005, Sid wrote:

> We did test drive it and it was great...but in order to get some of the
> options we wanted...we had to get leather seats with the electronic
> passenger power seat.

No, in order to get the options you wanted *on an in-stock vehicle*, the
dealer talked you into taking options you didn't necessarily want, and
sounds like you didn't try out.

> no way one could have known this without sitting in the passenger seat.

And you didn't sit in the passenger seat because...?