And The Survey Says!

Old January 25th 05, 08:28 PM
HarryS

Default And The Survey Says!

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey....jsp?type=ORAT

HarryS

Old January 25th 05, 10:50 PM
DougW

HarryS did pass the time by typing:
> http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey....jsp?type=ORAT

Noticed that when shopping last night. Those might be my next tire
for the ZJ.
<http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Dueler+A% 2FT+Revo>

--
DougW

Old January 25th 05, 11:11 PM
Dennis Cox

you have just made me rethink my upcoming BFG MT purchase
Thanks a lot!
Now where did I put that survey that lists the BFG's first?

Old January 25th 05, 11:16 PM
Dave Milne

What happened to the "Mud Category" ?

Dave Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ

Old January 25th 05, 11:21 PM
JimG

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey....jsp?type=ORMT

--
JimG
80' CJ-7 258 CID, HEI

00' TJ Sport 4.0L, 5sp
4.56 Gears, TrueTrac rear
33" BFG AT on 15x8 Eagle Alloys
D35 Rear, D30 Front. 3" Suspension Lift

Old January 26th 05, 12:42 AM
Jerry Bransford

Don't forget those surveys are seldom completed by those who care about
offroading. For example, Firestone's Destination M/T (n the Off-Road
Maximum Traction area) was rated #1 and it is probably the tire least
seen offroad. THen it ranked Goodyear's MT/R 4th on traction even
though it is probably the tire that has taken the hardcore offroading
community by the biggest storm in years, and is what I see on the
toughest rock crawling trails by far.

Those surveys should not be the final answer on what tire works best for
a Jeep that gets driven offroad.

Not to mention it's the sampling group is likely very small since it
comes ONLY from those completing Tire Racks online survey... so I ask
anyone who takes such surveys very seriously if they really trust a
survey that has such limited data to work with.

Jerry

DougW wrote:
> HarryS did pass the time by typing:
>
>>http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey....jsp?type=ORAT

> Noticed that when shopping last night. Those might be my next tire
> for the ZJ.
> <http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Dueler+A% 2FT+Revo>

--
Jerry Bransford
PP-ASEL N6TAY
See the Geezer Jeep at
http://members.cox.net/jerrypb/
Old January 26th 05, 12:49 AM
DougW

Jerry Bransford did pass the time by typing:
> Don't forget those surveys are seldom completed by those who care about
> offroading. For example, Firestone's Destination M/T (n the Off-Road
> Maximum Traction area) was rated #1 and it is probably the tire least
> seen offroad. THen it ranked Goodyear's MT/R 4th on traction even
> though it is probably the tire that has taken the hardcore offroading
> community by the biggest storm in years, and is what I see on the
> toughest rock crawling trails by far.
>
> Those surveys should not be the final answer on what tire works best for
> a Jeep that gets driven offroad.
>
> Not to mention it's the sampling group is likely very small since it
> comes ONLY from those completing Tire Racks online survey... so I ask
> anyone who takes such surveys very seriously if they really trust a
> survey that has such limited data to work with.

True.

I just use it as one measure of many.

Old January 26th 05, 01:02 AM
JimG

Yea... I was hoping to see Iroks, Boggers, Krawlers, etc...

JimG

Old January 26th 05, 01:09 AM
Jerry Bransford

Dang after reading the embarassingly structured stuff I wrote below. I
wish Newsgroup posts could be editted for obvious grammar-related and
fat-finger typing errors afterwards like forum posts can.

Jerry

Old January 26th 05, 02:38 AM
twaldron

Eye doan no whut cher talkin bout.

Jerry Bransford wrote:
> Dang after reading the embarassingly structured stuff I wrote below. I
> wish Newsgroup posts could be editted for obvious grammar-related and
> fat-finger typing errors afterwards like forum posts can.
>
> Jerry
>
>> "Jerry Bransford" wrote in message ...
>>
>>> Don't forget those surveys are seldom completed by those who care about
>>> offroading. For example, Firestone's Destination M/T (n the Off-Road
>>> Maximum Traction area) was rated #1 and it is probably the tire least
>>> seen offroad. THen it ranked Goodyear's MT/R 4th on traction even
>>> though it is probably the tire that has taken the hardcore offroading
>>> community by the biggest storm in years, and is what I see on the
>>> toughest rock crawling trails by far.
>>>
>>> Those surveys should not be the final answer on what tire works best for
>>> a Jeep that gets driven offroad.
>>>
>>> Not to mention it's the sampling group is likely very small since it
>>> comes ONLY from those completing Tire Racks online survey... so I ask
>>> anyone who takes such surveys very seriously if they really trust a
>>> survey that has such limited data to work with.
>>>
>>> Jerry

tw

71 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco
03 TJ Rubicon - Rubicon Express 4.5"
01 XJ Sport

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
-- Dave Barry

Pronunciation: 'jEp
Function: noun
Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase')
A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80-inch wheelbase,
1/4-ton capacity, and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in
World War II.

(Please remove the OBVIOUS to reply by email)