EA Nascar SimRacing...

Old December 16th 04, 05:33 AM
Shock

Default EA Nascar SimRacing...

Ok, correct me if I am wrong, but I think EA has made a good decision by
hiring former Papyrus employees. Also, it appears that possibly they
are taking already written code and putting a EA face on a Papyrus
engine. Here's a link:

http://www.easports.com/games/nascarsimracing/home.jsp

Does anybody have any inside information on this? What is going on?
Can we look to EA to keep the Papyrus tradition alive?

--
Shock
Old December 16th 04, 05:36 AM
David G Fisher

I think they are using a version of the ISI game engine, some ISI employees,
along with some former Papyrus employees.

--
David G Fisher

Old December 16th 04, 01:04 PM
JP

"Shock" > wrote in message ...
> Ok, correct me if I am wrong, but I think EA has made a good decision by
> hiring former Papyrus employees. Also, it appears that possibly they
> are taking already written code and putting a EA face on a Papyrus
> engine. Here's a link:
>
> http://www.easports.com/games/nascarsimracing/home.jsp
>
> Does anybody have any inside information on this? What is going on?
> Can we look to EA to keep the Papyrus tradition alive?
>
> --
> Shock

Here's hoping a new tradition is starting. Time for a change.

Old December 16th 04, 01:04 PM
Buck411

I refuse to purchase an EA game due to their business practices with
exclusive licenses. This includes Nascar SimRacing.

Old December 16th 04, 05:06 PM
Mitch_A

Amen brotha...

Old December 16th 04, 06:20 PM
Dick

EA can keep that game I don't care who is on the team or how good it is.
I'm not supporting that company ever again.
Excusive right everyehere. Classaction lawsuits for poor treatment of it's
workers.
I hope I'm still alive they day the company folds and the current CEO dies
so I can send my regards
Just one guys choice.

Old December 17th 04, 04:17 AM
Bob Gee

This is kinda funny. Takes two to make an exclusive license agreement, and
just who do you think was really in the driver's seat on a deal like this?
Also I wonder just how upset EA's stockholders are. Trading at 44 in
October, close to 60 now.

"Buck411" > wrote in message
m...
:I refuse to purchase an EA game due to their business practices with
: exclusive licenses. This includes Nascar SimRacing.
:
:
: "Shock" > wrote in message ...
: > Ok, correct me if I am wrong, but I think EA has made a good decision by
: > hiring former Papyrus employees. Also, it appears that possibly they
are
: > taking already written code and putting a EA face on a Papyrus engine.
: > Here's a link:
: >
: > http://www.easports.com/games/nascarsimracing/home.jsp
: >
: > Does anybody have any inside information on this? What is going on? Can
: > we look to EA to keep the Papyrus tradition alive?
: >
: > --
: > Shock
:
:

Old December 17th 04, 04:29 AM
JP

Lol, no kidding. Blaming EA (or anyone for that matter) is hilarious.

Old December 17th 04, 10:51 AM
Uwe Schürkamp

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 00:36:34 -0500, David G Fisher wrote:
> I think they are using a version of the ISI game engine, some ISI employees,
> along with some former Papyrus employees.

I can see the barfight breaking out at the xmas party between the two
camps ;-)

uwe

--
GPG Fingerprint: 2E 13 20 22 9A 3F 63 7F 67 6F E9 B1 A8 36 A4 61
Old December 17th 04, 10:32 PM
Kyle Roberts

"JP" > wrote in message
> Lol, no kidding. Blaming EA (or anyone for that matter) is hilarious.
>

> "Bob Gee" > wrote in message
> > This is kinda funny. Takes two to make an exclusive license agreement,

> and
> > just who do you think was really in the driver's seat on a deal like

this?
> > Also I wonder just how upset EA's stockholders are. Trading at 44 in
> > October, close to 60 now.

Exclusive licensing agreements suck for the consumer. Before, we had several
choices and competition in Nascar sims and games and now we have one console
game and one PC sim to choose from. How is that better? I blame Nascar and
the NFL for going for the cash grab instead of thinking of the people that
their businesses are built on. The fans. EA has been begging for these
exclusive deals for years. They know they have the deep pockets to afford
them and what better way to beat your competition than to just take them out
of the game.

I love top posting.

EA's New NASCAR Sim Fact Sheet David G Fisher Simulators 27 December 18th 04 02:07 PM
NASCAR Question tech27 BMW 46 November 15th 04 11:03 PM
Chargers to star in NASCAR Ted Azito Chrysler 11 October 20th 04 06:55 AM
FS: 1997 Fleer/SkyBox "Shoney's" NASCAR 16-Card Set J.R. Sinclair General 0 May 6th 04 06:11 AM
FS: 1990 Hardees 'Cole Trickle' "Days Of Thunder" NASCAR PROMO Glass J.R. Sinclair General 0 January 27th 04 05:43 AM