Dear god....

Old June 24th 04, 07:24 PM
Ypnos

Default Dear god....

....some b**tard parked his car near my drive in such a way that the only
thing sticking out was his tow bar. And what do I do? What any normal person
would do, reverse out of my drive. In the process, the rear left bumper has
now been torn in half!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, I couldn't see the tow bar because the way my drive is shaped is
diagonally upwards, then it goes downwards onto the street.

Anyway, I need to know how much a standard stock silver bumper is for a 156,
anyone know?

I've only had the car for just over a week I'm off to cry
now.......

Old June 28th 04, 04:37 PM
David C

"Ypnos" > wrote in message
. ..
> ...some b**tard parked his car near my drive in such a way that the only
> thing sticking out was his tow bar. And what do I do? What any normal

person
> would do, reverse out of my drive. In the process, the rear left bumper

has
> now been torn in half!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> No, I couldn't see the tow bar because the way my drive is shaped is
> diagonally upwards, then it goes downwards onto the street.
>
> Anyway, I need to know how much a standard stock silver bumper is for a

156,
> anyone know?
>
> I've only had the car for just over a week I'm off to cry
> now.......

Were you at National Alfa Day yesterday asking about a 156 rear bumper?

Anyway, the rear bumper may come unpainted so you may need to add that to
your costs.
You don't say if it is a saloon or SW because they are different.
Also different if they have black strips or not.
You are looking at around £200-£240 for a rear bumper.
--
David C
156 Selespeed sp3 + Brembo conversion

Old June 29th 04, 02:12 PM
Neil

I have one in blue, mildly scratched :-)
Old June 29th 04, 10:49 PM
Ypnos

> I have one in blue, mildly scratched :-)
Thanks, but I'm afraid mine's silver :/

David C - Apologies, I forgot to mention it's a saloon. I took it to the
shop and got it sewn up, so it's a little tidier, but still a mess

I can't afford to pay that much, I've spent all my money on buying the car
:'(

Old June 30th 04, 08:58 PM
Zathras

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 22:49:02 +0100, "Ypnos"
> wrote:

<snip>
> I've spent all my money on buying the car
>:'(

Scary.. just after my car passed it's MOT, and due entirely to my
warranty folks chipping in, it had 480UKP worth of work done (mostly
rear bushes and handbrake cable). Oh, and that was just after a 300UKP
service. Save like mad kiddo, *buying* an Alfa is the cheap bit....

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email without 'Alfa' in subject are auto-deleted..sorry!)