KRETP Extremist Increase Highway Danger

Old December 19th 04, 03:27 PM
Big Bill

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 15:06:07 GMT, Dave Head > wrote:

>On 18 Dec 2004 16:56:55 GMT, Jim Yanik .> wrote:
>
>>Dave Head > wrote in
m:

>>> You'll care if he has a gun, now, won't you? You don't have anything
>>> to worry about from the people with gun permits - they're the good
>>> guys - its the real criminals that will roll up alongside you and put
>>> a bullet in your brain afterward. Its a real good idea not to
>>> intentionally **** off anyone - we all do it without trying, way too
>>> much, as it is...

>>Once again,I pay atention to what's around me,and would be suspicious of
>>any car that came alongside after I "****ed them off",especially if they
>>have a gun in their hand.

>Yeah. Great. You're suspicious. That and 25 cents will get you a cup of
>coffee, and both will be equally effective at comforting your loved ones at
>your funeral after the criminal puts a bullet in your brain.

I think I see your problem...
You're stuck in the 50's.
Coffee costs much more than that now. :-)

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
Old December 19th 04, 03:28 PM
Dave Head

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 19:24:11 GMT, (Brent P)
wrote:

>In article >, Dave Head wrote:
>
>>>Nobody here has perscribed tailgating and paralleling other drivers. You
>>>are being dishonest.

>> The prescription was for me to hit the gas and go around the car in front of me
>> when I'm in the right lane and there's a LLB/DUCKLING on my left rear.

>Other thread branches aren't my concern here. However, since you want to
>bring that into it, the LLB/DUCKLING on your left rear is ANOTHER DRIVER
>LIKE YOU. Crusing in the left lane at his chosen speed.

That is absolutely false. Ducklings catch you and slow down. They don't cruse
at _their_ speed, ever. They cruise at _someone else's_ speed.

>> Don't
>> remember who said it - but it was said. That makes for a serious acceleration
>> to ensure that the duckling doesn't tag along, and in order to not cut off the
>> duckling too abruptly, I'll be real close to the car in front before I can get
>> over. That makes the maneuver almost identical to the fellow I observed.

>You are obviously really really paranoid about these ducklings. So much
>so you are willing to all sorts of screwy things.

I don't. I just make 'em go around on the right if they _really_ want to pass.
Lots of 'em don't - they just want to be close to someone while they travel.
If they tailgate, then OK, I may try to dump them. If they sit on my right
rear, they get scraped off at the next slower car in the right lane.

>> Not to mention it screws up gas mileage, attracts police attention, may ****
>> off the LLB, and maybe 1 or 2 other bad things...

>Take it back to the other thread thread branch. The fact remains you are
>nothing more than a LLBing left lane crusier.

I cruise in the left lane. I don't block the road. The idea that you can't
block the left lane is just a notion you have in order to have something to
complain about. But practically, you can quit bitching and just pass me on the
right. I really don't care.

>>>In your zeal to promote LLBism you've become Carl
>>>Talyor. Congradulations.

>> You just wish to read it that way, but that doesn't make it so.

>It's excatly what you've done here. You picked a bad driver and declared
>because he moved right, that all his other behaviors are what we argue
>for. It's carl taylor false logic. He sees the drunk teenager doing a
>100mph in the 20mph school zone and declares that we endorse that because
>we think that 80mph is perfectly reasonable on an interstate in light to
>non-existant traffic. Totally false. You're doing the same thing except
>with KRETP.
>
>> You might want
>> to consult Webster on that last word there, too, BTW...

>Ahh... spelling and typos. Now you are falling lower than taylor.

Naw, its no typo. Its the most common form of misspelling that word. I just
thought you might want to look it up and correct yourself before you do it
someplace important and make yourself look uneducated...

DPH

Old December 19th 04, 03:28 PM
Dave Head

Old December 19th 04, 03:32 PM
Dave Head

:

>> Probably right. But its the idea that there are those here that want
>> me to emulate that behavoir that is so nuts. If I were to do the wild
>> accelerations necessary to shake an LLB/Duckling on my left rear, I'd
>> look just like that guy, other than the quick return to the right lane
>> which of course I wouldn't do.
>>
>> DPH
>>>

>I keep wondering why you get so many ducklings.There's SOMETHING you are or
>are not doing right,besides the LLBing.

Its because this is Virginia, where they have all these really over-the-top
laws that give you 6 points for a "reckless driving" ticket that amounts to no
more than simply going 20 over the limit, or even 80 mph on an Interstate where
the limit is 65, and whole lots of people are doing almost 80 anyway.

I'll be quite glad to leave the area when I retire, and gettting away from this
highway harrassment will be a significant reason. In the midwest, if someone
catches you, the _mostly_ pass you. Here they mostly pass you too, but not at
nearly the same frequency. Lots more people slow down to your speed...

DPH
Old December 19th 04, 03:32 PM
Dave Head

:

Old December 19th 04, 03:35 PM
Dave Head

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 12:07:35 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:

>On 18 Dec 2004 16:58:19 GMT, Jim Yanik .> wrote:
>
>>I keep wondering why you get so many ducklings.There's SOMETHING you are or
>>are not doing right,besides the LLBing.

>Based on his many postings where he describes driving at EXACTLY 7 MPH
>over the speed limit, I'd say he's one of those people who HATES to
>change speed. Ducklings, of course, LOVE these people, as they are the
>easiest to latch onto.

How does anyone that is approaching me know that I'm driving a continuous
speed?

>People like me, who periodically speed up to get passes over with more
>quickly (and thus minimize the amount of time spent in the "danger
>zone" of another vehicle) have very few problems with ducklings.

Speed up and get nicked for a $100 ticket on this really heavily patrolled
road. Sure. Do it 2 or 3 times in succession, and lose your license. Right.
I live about 20 miles out of town. I'd likely have to abandon the place and
get an apartment in town in order to survive, so I could walk to restaurants
and shopping for the duration of a suspension, even if I did get the common
exception to "drive to work".

DPH
Old December 19th 04, 03:35 PM
Dave Head

Old December 19th 04, 03:38 PM
Dave Head

On 19 Dec 2004 02:56:35 GMT, Jim Yanik .> wrote:

>Scott en Aztlán > wrote in
>news >
>> On 18 Dec 2004 16:58:19 GMT, Jim Yanik .> wrote:
>>
>>>I keep wondering why you get so many ducklings.There's SOMETHING you
>>>are or are not doing right,besides the LLBing.

>> Based on his many postings where he describes driving at EXACTLY 7 MPH
>> over the speed limit, I'd say he's one of those people who HATES to
>> change speed.

>Or pay attention to traffic around him.

I do, but it doesn't help a bit unless I want to actively **** off someone by
jumping out in front of them and blocking them. They don't react badly to
simply having to pass on the right, but they do get ****ed when people jump out
to block them.

>He seems to want to be oblivious to traffic in other lanes.

I just don't want to be forced into ****ing people off with the gyrations that
keep getting suggested here, nor do I want to "speed up to pass" and get a $100
traffic ticket.

DPH