RIP Chrysler!!!

Old December 22nd 08, 08:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,eunet.esprit
Carl Dau

Default RIP Chrysler!!!

The cheap Japanese automobiles have defeated you - finally.

Please Rest in Pieces.

RIP Chrysler!!!
Old December 24th 08, 10:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,eunet.esprit
Some O

In article
Carl Dau > wrote:

> The cheap Japanese automobiles have defeated you - finally.
>
> Please Rest in Pieces.
>
> RIP Chrysler!!!

I was happy with Chrysler vehicles; up to 2004. Certainly not after,
because of their abandoning good FWD cars. THX Daimler!

You should learn your facts or use your brain before you spout off your
BIG mouth.
The Chrysler vehicles we used to buy, mid sized cars, were lower priced
than the equivalent Toyota, Honda, Nissan. The Chrysler quality was
excellent.

Those cheap "Japanese" vehicles don't suit us, in fact most are too
small for us to get behind the steering wheel.
The cheap Japanese cars that fitted us were back in the 70s,
when I bought 3 Datsun 510s.
Old December 25th 08, 12:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,eunet.esprit
Dori A Schmetterling[_3_]

I like it... does that mean "we" got bigger, equatorially speaking?

DAS

---
[...]

Old December 29th 08, 08:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,eunet.esprit
Some O

Nope, not that much larger.
Once the Japanese got a good foothold in our NA marker, they followed
the well known path to higher profits, make the passenger space smaller
in the lower cost cars.
We suffer from head and leg room in many low cost cars, as well as in
high cost sports cars.

Old December 29th 08, 11:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,eunet.esprit
Dori A Schmetterling[_3_]

Didn't there used to be car import quotas in the US? This resulted in only
bigger, higher margin cars being exported to the US. As the quotas fell
away more smaller cars came into the US.

The rest of the world manages very well with 'small' cars. In many city
streets American 'full size' cars are just physically too big to be of any
use.

DAS

---

Old December 30th 08, 04:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,eunet.esprit
miles

Some O wrote:
> Nope, not that much larger.
> Once the Japanese got a good foothold in our NA marker, they followed
> the well known path to higher profits, make the passenger space smaller
> in the lower cost cars.

Japanese cars have steadily gotten larger for the most part over the
years. You don't see Honda AN600 sedans or coupes anymore. The Nissan
Sentra and Altima are quite a bit larger than the 90's versions.
American cars have shrunk lately such as the Chevy Aveo.
Old December 30th 08, 04:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,eunet.esprit
miles

Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

> The rest of the world manages very well with 'small' cars. In many city
> streets American 'full size' cars are just physically too big to be of any
> use.

Much of that has to do with high taxes on gas in those countries.
England has been upwards of $9/gallon. Do that here in the USA and
demand for tiny cars will skyrocket.
Old December 30th 08, 07:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,eunet.esprit
Lloyd[_2_]

On Dec 29, 3:48*pm, Some O > wrote:
> Nope, not that much larger.
> Once the Japanese got a good foothold in our NA marker, they followed
> the well known path to higher profits, make the passenger space smaller
> in the lower cost cars.

The Honda Accord is officially a full-size car, it has so much
interior room. So your statement is not only false, it shows an
incredible lack of basic research.

> We suffer from head and leg room in many low cost cars, as well as in
> high cost sports cars.

So get a motorcycle.

Old December 30th 08, 09:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,eunet.esprit
Bill Putney

Lloyd wrote:
> On Dec 29, 3:48 pm, Some O > wrote:
>> Nope, not that much larger.
>> Once the Japanese got a good foothold in our NA marker, they followed
>> the well known path to higher profits, make the passenger space smaller
>> in the lower cost cars.

> The Honda Accord is officially a full-size car, it has so much
> interior room. So your statement is not only false, it shows an
> incredible lack of basic research.
>
>> We suffer from head and leg room in many low cost cars, as well as in
>> high cost sports cars.

> So get a motorcycle.

Do they come with airbags?

--
Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old January 1st 09, 03:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,eunet.esprit,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley
marika

"Miles" > wrote in message

> Much of that has to do with high taxes on gas in those countries. England
> has been upwards of $9/gallon. Do that here in the USA and demand for
> tiny cars will skyrocket.

but some things override cost of gas

need a map for context

Roanoke is right of middle and on the bottom.
below it should be Martinsville Patrick County where there is a nascar track
and Farmsville
the entire area is staunchly born again or variation thereof, very
conservative and very confederate, except there's Franklin County
right above them and below Roanoke which is Moonshine Capital of the
world -- where Kevin Costner killed all those guys

Above that should be primarily vacation spots - blue ridge and
shenandoah, farms, little population

little cars do well in none of this terrain

and try and change the culture behind large cars and large motors

mk5000

"I tumbled down to the floor by the piano, with my arms thrown out
instinctively to catch my fall, into the jagged shards of glass. I felt the
searing, stinging pain that ran from my wrist to the crease inside my elbow.
Dazed and disoriented, I looked up from the bright red blood pulsing out of
my arm-into the fevered eyes of the six suddenly ravenous vampires."-new
moon, stephenie meyer