'91 Plymouth Acclaim - turn signals stopped working

Old February 19th 05, 03:38 PM
NewarkShark

Default '91 Plymouth Acclaim - turn signals stopped working

Turn signal stopped flashing the turn lamps

4-way flasher flashes nicely

Turn signal fuse good.

I replaced one flasher; does my car have a second or do I have turn
signal
switch problem?

Thanks for all ideas!!

NewarkShark

Old February 19th 05, 06:49 PM
« Paul »

NewarkShark wrote:

> Turn signal stopped flashing the turn lamps
>
> 4-way flasher flashes nicely
>
> Turn signal fuse good.
>
> I replaced one flasher; does my car have a second or do I have turn
> signal
> switch problem?
>
> Thanks for all ideas!!
>
> NewarkShark

Most (all?) cars from 1968 up have two flasher devices.
Which one did you replace?
Old February 19th 05, 08:41 PM
Billy Bad Assr©

"NewarkShark" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Turn signal stopped flashing the turn lamps
>
> 4-way flasher flashes nicely
>
> Turn signal fuse good.
>
> I replaced one flasher; does my car have a second or do I have turn
> signal
> switch problem?

try removing the flasher unit you just replaced -- then try signal flashers and
flahsers, do they both work!!! <Grin>
BBA

Old February 19th 05, 09:05 PM
NewarkShark

Replaced the 4-way, as it turns out. Where is the turn signal
flasher.......

Old February 19th 05, 09:07 PM
NewarkShark

for the life of me i cannot find the other flasher...

where's that bottle of whiskey.....

Old February 19th 05, 09:41 PM
Billy Bad Assr©

....Perhaps is under dash - above steering wheel column -- using your hands
<feel> for a bracket (attached to steering wheel housing) w/flasher unit
attached!

....Another is attached to, behind fuse panel or possibly is behind driver side
kick panel.

BBA

Old February 19th 05, 11:37 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005, NewarkShark wrote:

> Turn signal stopped flashing the turn lamps 4-way flasher flashes nicely
> Turn signal fuse good. I replaced one flasher; does my car have a second
> or do I have turn signal switch problem?

The hazard flasher is the easy-to-reach one. The turn signal flasher is
hidden. To get to it, you need to remove the knee bolster (lower
instrument panel plastic cover, below steering wheel -- note the hood
release has to be removed/2 screws, and the instrument panel trim plates
need to be removed/simply pull 'em off before you can remove this panel).
Then remove the fusebox and let it hang. Look up past where the fusebox
was and you'll see the turn signal flasher held to a metal tab on the A/C
duct. Remove the wire plug and pull/twist the flasher to remove it. Note
it's held to the duct bracket by a square pip on the end of the flasher
can. You need the 224 "Twist Top" flasher, sometimes tough to find, dealer
will have it by application or NAPA number BP224TT.

DS