Installing AC in a '04 ?

Old July 4th 09, 01:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
MiataRed

Default Installing AC in a '04 ?

Mazda dealers have no offering for installing AC in a 2004, welll at
least here in Canada. That is my only regret, as the car in incredibly
hot in the summertime.

Has anyone got new info ? is it possible ?

Thanks.

DS
Old July 4th 09, 02:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article
MiataRed > wrote:

> Mazda dealers have no offering for installing AC in a 2004, welll at
> least here in Canada. That is my only regret, as the car in incredibly
> hot in the summertime.
>
> Has anyone got new info ? is it possible ?

Anything is possible at a cost, probably several thousand dollars in
this case. I'm assuming you have no interest in doing the job yourself
with junkyard parts. Almost certainly, you'd be ahead to sell the car
and buy another one with A/C.

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO
Old July 4th 09, 01:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
MiataRed

As a matter of fact - I would consider some elbow grease.

I have inquired - and no one junkyard I have contacted seems to have
MX-5/Miatas with air...

Ideas ?

Thanks.

Old July 4th 09, 07:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
JohnW[_2_]

> > Anything is possible at a cost, probably several thousand dollars in
> > this case. I'm assuming you have no interest in doing the job yourself
> > with junkyard parts. Almost certainly, you'd be ahead to sell the car
> > and buy another one with A/C.

> > --
> > Lanny Chambers
> > St. Louis, MO

I remember when I bought my 03 in the UK that A/C was not a factory
option, but was offered as a dealer fit option at around £1,000. I
don't know if this helps but at least it gives an idea of the scale of
the job, and suggests that a lot of what you need is already there and
you just need the "big" hardware bits.

John
Old July 6th 09, 11:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chuck[_13_]

Taking the dash apart is the most complex and labor intensive part of the
conversion.