CJ vs. YJ

Old July 16th 06, 07:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
tclutts

Default CJ vs. YJ

Other than the front fenders, hood and headlights, what are the
differences in body parts? Are the tubs, tops, etc interchangable?

Is there somewhere we can see a list of interchangable parts?

Old July 16th 06, 10:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Dave Milne[_2_]

I think the whole lot is different !

Dave Milne, Scotland

ups.com...

Old July 16th 06, 10:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Carl[_3_]

Not even the driver is interchangeable.

Carl

.uk...

Old July 17th 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

I got to remember your answer, and very true!
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 17th 06, 02:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

http://www.off-road.com/jeep/swb/articles/specgrid.htm
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 17th 06, 03:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
tclutts

I guess what I need to know right now is will a 82 Hardtop fit on a 95

Old July 17th 06, 03:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

Yes. You may have to tweak the rake of the front windshield a bit to
make it line up nice but otherwise they are pretty much the same.

The tubs and doors and windshield are interchangeable with the odd extra
hole needed/not needed here and there.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old July 17th 06, 03:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Greg[_1_]

A CJ top fits on a YJ, a freind's son rolled his YJ, so my freind went out
of town and bought him a used one, when he came back with it I said that
wont fit, it's from a CJ, ( exactly the same as my 81 ) sure enough it fit
fine. Not sure what year his YJ is, but I think if it fit one it would fit
another. Also seats from a YJ bolt right in nicely to a CJ, even my narrow
track, sure nicer then the cavelier seats that were in mine when I got it.
Don't know what else is interchangeble, except bell houseing, clutch ect.
from a TJ all bolt right up and work fine on an 81 CJ 4.2.

oups.com...

Old July 17th 06, 04:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_1_]

A ---CJ7--- top fits a YJ.

Earle

Old July 17th 06, 05:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Spdloader

I know from experience that a YJ body tub will fit on a CJ7 frame, but you
have to alter one body mount location on the passenger side.

Spdloader

ups.com...