Will Alpine CHA-S634 Fit 2002 X5?

Old December 24th 04, 05:44 PM
John

Default Will Alpine CHA-S634 Fit 2002 X5?

I have a 2002 X5 (E53) with the 3 pin and 6 pin plugs in the rear side
compartment. Will the Alpine CHA-S634 mp3/CD changer work in that car?
Should I get the BMW mounting bracket since there isn't a CD changer
installed now?

Has anyone tried this mp3/CD changer? Opinions?

Old December 27th 04, 11:38 PM
John Perry

"John" > wrote:

>I have a 2002 X5 (E53) with the 3 pin and 6 pin plugs in the rear side
>compartment. Will the Alpine CHA-S634 mp3/CD changer work in that car?
>Should I get the BMW mounting bracket since there isn't a CD changer
>installed now?
>
>Has anyone tried this mp3/CD changer? Opinions?

Sorry can't comment on the 2002 X5, but it certainly fits in a Aug 04
E46 though the brackets are plastic and too thick, so you have to
shoe-horn the CD-changer into the tray. All works well but the E46
display only displays up to 99 tracks on each of the CDs, so it rolls
round to 01 again. No CD Text though. Otherwise, I'm very pleased
with my choice for the E46, but I'm not sure how comparable the E46 is
with yours.
--
SPAM (delete NOSPAM)
www.redoak.co.uk www.eze-buy.co.uk
Old December 30th 04, 07:14 PM
Tom Allen

John wrote:

> I have a 2002 X5 (E53) with the 3 pin and 6 pin plugs in the rear side
> compartment. Will the Alpine CHA-S634 mp3/CD changer work in that car?
> Should I get the BMW mounting bracket since there isn't a CD changer
> installed now?
>
> Has anyone tried this mp3/CD changer? Opinions?

I don't know if the compatibility has so much to do with the
Alpine unit as it does with the interface box that you also
have to buy. The interface box (I got mine from
Soundgate.com) sits between the Alpine unit and your BMW.
As your BMW radio says "skip to the next track" the
interface box converts that command into something the
Alpine unit will understand. There are different interface
boxes that will work with Sony and other manufacturers.

There are different versions, different models for different
BMW's. They have a free tech support/sales line....so call
them and tell them what type of car you have, the type of
Alpine unit you have (or want to buy) and they'll tell you
it if it will work. Your car should have all of the wiring
needed to do this job. My Alpine in my 02 E46 is awesome.
I don't remember all the numbers, but the interface box was
about half the cost of the Alpine unit itself.

On my car, I mounted the Alpine box on the outside of the
trunk panel, not inside. The only holes and cutting I had
to do with the panel was 4 screw holes and one wire hole.
Eats up a little trunk space, but very convenient to have it
on the outside of the panel when changing CD's.

2002 X5 Trunk Connector Question John BMW 2 December 21st 04 10:17 PM
FS: BMW Alpine OEM 6 disc CD-Changer Brent BMW 5 November 23rd 04 01:58 AM
2002 Audi S8 - A6 Questions LIW Audi 2 November 14th 04 05:38 PM
WTB a pre-74 2002 (near Los Angeles, if possible) Cormac Foster BMW 2 September 26th 04 06:51 PM
FS: 2002 BMW 330 Ci Convertible w/ Navigation & Low Miles Darren Waxman BMW 0 September 23rd 04 03:36 AM