Are you in favor of an SUV endorsement?

Old December 23rd 04, 03:44 PM
DonQuixote-v-Windmills

> Since large vehicles are safer for the occupants, would
> it not make more sense to get rid of the more dangerous smaller
> cars?

OK, then we need government-subsidized SUVs for all. Even the poor
ought to have one!

Old December 23rd 04, 03:51 PM
George Conklin

> wrote in message
> Since large vehicles are safer for the occupants, would
> it not make more sense to get rid of the more dangerous smaller
> cars?
>

> mike hunt

Of course not. Fewer people = less pollution. -

Old December 23rd 04, 03:51 PM
George Conklin

Old December 23rd 04, 04:26 PM
DonQuixote-v-Windmills

George Conklin wrote:
> > wrote in message
> > Since large vehicles are safer for the occupants, would
> > it not make more sense to get rid of the more dangerous smaller
> > cars?
> >

> > mike hunt
> >

> Of course not. Fewer people = less pollution. -

Do you think a Dutch riding a bicycle does the same damage as a mental
midget driving a 10MPG SUV? It's not fewer people, but fewer of the
wrong kind of people.

Old December 23rd 04, 04:26 PM
DonQuixote-v-Windmills

Old December 23rd 04, 05:44 PM
George Conklin

"DonQuixote-v-Windmills" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> George Conklin wrote:
> > > wrote in message
> > > Since large vehicles are safer for the occupants, would
> > > it not make more sense to get rid of the more dangerous smaller
> > > cars?
> > >

> > > mike hunt
> > >

> > Of course not. Fewer people = less pollution. -

> Do you think a Dutch riding a bicycle does the same damage as a mental
> midget driving a 10MPG SUV? It's not fewer people, but fewer of the
> wrong kind of people.

Here we go again: bicycle riders are morally superior. I guess when all
else fails, you just claim moral superiority.

Old December 23rd 04, 05:44 PM
George Conklin