The Runaway MFFY

Old May 5th 05, 01:22 AM
James C. Reeves

"Magnulus" > wrote in message

> "Larry Bud" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> Yeah, who cares if she spent $60,000 of resources, tied up police from
>> real police work, then faked her own kidnapping.

> On the bright side, she turned up alive. So many kidnappings lately the
> person hasn't turned up alive.

Of course she turned up alive. It wasn't a kidnapping. So the statement is
irrelivant.

> I'm just saying, cut the woman some slack. Yes, she should have not
> said
> she was abducted ,but likely she was very embarassed that she ran away
> from
> the wedding.

That is hardly a excuse. She definitely need help and I hope she receives
it. However the circumstances of her actions need to be reconciled. Others
should not pay the costs of her "poor judgment".

Old May 5th 05, 02:38 AM
Scott en Aztlán

On Wed, 4 May 2005 20:14:05 -0400, "Magnulus" >
wrote:

>> Yeah, who cares if she spent $60,000 of resources, tied up police from
>> real police work, then faked her own kidnapping.

> On the bright side, she turned up alive. So many kidnappings lately the
>person hasn't turned up alive.

Name ONE faked kidnapping where the kidnapee has not turned up alive.

> I'm just saying, cut the woman some slack.

Thjat's easy to say when the money didn't come out of your pocket.
Tell you what: let me waste several thousands of YOUR dollars and
let's see how much slack you're willing to cut me.

Old May 5th 05, 02:44 AM
Scott en Aztlán

On Wed, 04 May 2005 14:16:37 GMT, "Skip Elliott Bowman"
> wrote:

>>>You're not married, or have a girlfriend, eh Scott? You don't seem to like
>>>women very much.

>> WRONG.
>>
>> Guess you better turn in your Armchair Psychiatrist's license.

>I'm wrong with the former but spot on the money with the latter.

WRONG.

>How else to explain your referring to virtually any woman you encounter with the C
>word?

What a stupid conclusion to draw. You know absolutely nothing about
the women I encounter; you only know about the stupid ****s I choose
to write about on USENET. Only a moron would attempt to extrapolate my
general attitude towards women from that ridiculously skewed sample.

P.S. My wife thinks you're a dumb ****.

Old May 5th 05, 03:09 AM
L Sternn

On Wed, 04 May 2005 14:16:37 GMT, "Skip Elliott Bowman"
> wrote:

>"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Wed, 04 May 2005 01:40:45 GMT, "Skip Elliott Bowman"
>> > wrote:

>>>You're not married, or have a girlfriend, eh Scott? You don't seem to
>>>like
>>>women very much.

>> WRONG.
>>
>> Guess you better turn in your Armchair Psychiatrist's license.

>I'm wrong with the former but spot on the money with the latter. How else
>to explain your referring to virtually any woman you encounter with the C
>word? And I wonder how your wife feels about it?

Oh my - I guess maybe I don't like women either because I hadn't even
noticed that he invoked "the C word".

Why are women so sensitive about the word "****"?

They generally don't have a problem calling men "dicks".
Old May 5th 05, 03:12 AM
L Sternn

wrote:

>"Larry Bud" > wrote in message
roups.com...
>> Yeah, who cares if she spent $60,000 of resources, tied up police from
>> real police work, then faked her own kidnapping.

> On the bright side, she turned up alive. So many kidnappings lately the
>person hasn't turned up alive.
>
> I'm just saying, cut the woman some slack.

I think people would be MORE willing to cut her some slack if she had
not called 911 and said she had been kidnapped.

She should have called her parents at least to let THEM know she was
okay and that she just needed some space or time away alone or
ANYTHING, but telling the cops she just escaped her kidnappers.

> Yes, she should have not said
>she was abducted ,but likely she was very embarassed that she ran away from
>the wedding.

And she should have been embarassed. What the hell was she thinking?
Old May 5th 05, 06:14 AM
Brent P

In article >, Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> Name ONE faked kidnapping where the kidnapee has not turned up alive.

Damn, I wish I could remember the details... but there was at least one
where the kidnapping was staged by the 'victim' and he ended up dead.

Old May 5th 05, 08:34 AM
Magnulus

"L Sternn" > wrote in message
> > Yes, she should have not said
> >she was abducted ,but likely she was very embarassed that she ran away

from
> >the wedding.
> >

> And she should have been embarassed. What the hell was she thinking?

People run away from marriages all the time, especially when they feel
they have nobody to listen to their feelings. Crack a book on psychology
and sociology, read up on "ambivalence" and "conformity", that's your
homework assignment. Ever wonder why people get so stressed out on
Christmas and Thanksgiving? It's because of social pressures.

I'm not saying her actions were entirely right, but neither is she a
"****" just because she was scared and under pressure.

Old May 5th 05, 11:38 AM
Scott en Aztlán

On Thu, 5 May 2005 03:34:31 -0400, "Magnulus" >
wrote:

>"L Sternn" > wrote in message
.. .
>> > Yes, she should have not said
>> >she was abducted ,but likely she was very embarassed that she ran away

>from
>> >the wedding.
>> >

>> And she should have been embarassed. What the hell was she thinking?

> People run away from marriages all the time, especially when they feel
>they have nobody to listen to their feelings.

And nobody is complaining about that.

> I'm not saying her actions were entirely right, but neither is she a
>"****" just because she was scared and under pressure.

True. She is a **** for lying to the authorities and wasting taxpayer
money.

Old May 5th 05, 11:44 AM
Scott en Aztlán

On Wed, 04 May 2005 19:09:47 -0700, L Sternn > wrote:

>Why are women so sensitive about the word "****"?
>
>They generally don't have a problem calling men "dicks".

Or "dorks."

The brits use the word "****" all the time, often in conjunction with
the nation's favorite adjective, "bloody." Ironically, the word
"bloody" has much more shock value to the average Brit than the word
"****" does. I bet if I had called her a "bloody MFFY" I'd have gotten
complaints, too.

Old May 5th 05, 01:06 PM
Paul

On Thu, 05 May 2005 05:44:32 -0500, Scott en Aztl=E1n , said the following=
=20
in rec.autos.driving...=20
> The brits use the word "****" all the time, often in conjunction with
> the nation's favorite adjective, "bloody." Ironically, the word
> "bloody" has much more shock value to the average Brit than the word
> "****" does. I bet if I had called her a "bloody MFFY" I'd have gotten
> complaints, too.

Only from the more hyper-senitive musicians of the group, Scott... ;-)

MFFY of the Month Brent P Driving 3 April 1st 05 08:39 AM
The Most Brazen MFFY Yet Brent P Driving 7 March 8th 05 07:19 AM
I Hope That MFFY Peed His Pants Daniel W. Rouse Jr. Driving 10 February 11th 05 05:25 PM
Speeding: the fundamental cause of MFFY Daniel W. Rouse Jr. Driving 82 December 23rd 04 01:10 AM