94 Caravan - fuel pump won't run

Old December 18th 04, 02:16 PM
maxpower

(((Just curious - what is it that tells the fuel pump to quit pumping
before the engine starts?))) If the PCM doesnt see that the engine is
running after 3 seconds, it shuts down fuel and spark thru the ASD relay,
You know that you are getting fuel but possibly loosin spark, go to the
windshiled wiper resorvoir and under neath it is where you will locate the
fusible links, look at them and gently pull on each one to see if any are
broken/burnt.If all ok
Check b+ to PCM with a test light for voltage.If ok Check the 5 volt power
supply to the sensors for a short to ground. A short to ground on the 5 volt
power supply to sensors such as: MAP, TPS, A/C PRESSURE TRANSDUCER, EGR
POSITION, etc. will cause the vehicle to die out and may cause the PCM to be
a no response. All this of course would be easier using a scan tool to see
acuall values and be able to acuate spark and fuel systems, so taking it to
a repair facility may be the next option. Good Luck
Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

oups.com...

Old December 18th 04, 03:23 PM

Matt Whiting wrote:

> Might be faster to first use a multimeter to check for voltage on the

> supply pin to the computer. That is faster than tearing into a

bundle
> of wires.
>

> Matt

Good idea, Matt. There's power to the fuse block, all the lights and
gauges and everything else works fine. With the key on, there's power
to 4 pins of the SBEC connector - 3 on the left side bottom row, 1 just
above them on the middle row. So there's power to the SBEC, but it
won't flash codes and won't turn on the fuel pump or spark. Sounds to
me like it's time for a different SBEC. Opinions?

KC

Old December 18th 04, 03:23 PM

Old December 18th 04, 08:07 PM

Grounds are good, but no power on pin 3 with key on. Also, found a
little corrsion on 2 pins at the firewall connector, and more when I
pulled the boot back. Cleaned them up, but made no difference. Where
does the red and white wire for pin 3 go? I expected to see it coming
through the firewall connector, but didn't. Is it time to rip the
bundle apart? Are there fusible links in there?

KC