WTD: LS1 engine and 6 spd tranny

Old May 9th 06, 04:45 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default WTD: LS1 engine and 6 spd tranny

I'm looking for a used LS1 engine and matching 6 spd tranny, harness,
accessories, computer, etc.. It's to drop in a 1957 Vette. If you know of
one that is reasonably priced contact me. Thanks
Old May 9th 06, 12:10 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default LS1 engine and 6 spd tranny

> I'm looking for a used LS1 engine and matching 6 spd tranny, harness,
> accessories, computer, etc.. It's to drop in a 1957 Vette. If you know of
> one that is reasonably priced contact me. Thanks

they're everywhere
I got one for my 57, LS1 with the automatic trans. You need to buy the
Painless Wiring kit for engine/fuel inj management it has its own computer
Mine's not done yet , hopefully only a few more weeks
kickstart

Old May 9th 06, 03:00 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"Kickstart" > wrote in message

>> I'm looking for a used LS1 engine and matching 6 spd tranny,
>> harness,
>> accessories, computer, etc.. It's to drop in a 1957 Vette. If you
>> know of
>> one that is reasonably priced contact me. Thanks

> they're everywhere
> I got one for my 57, LS1 with the automatic trans. You need to buy
> the Painless Wiring kit for engine/fuel inj management it has its
> own computer
> Mine's not done yet , hopefully only a few more weeks
> kickstart

Not a chance of using the Corvette engine/transmission without major
modifications. Most are using the Camaro LS1 setup that eliminates the
rear mounted transmission. Like the old days I'm sure it will be
called a Corvette engine. Like the first modification used back then
was to change the valve covers so you had a Corvette engine. Today
just add a couple of decals and a fat muffler tip and BINGO, 700 HP.
;-p

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old May 9th 06, 08:00 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Thanks for info on the rear mounted tranny. Unfortunately, there not
everywhere up in Alberta. Seems to be plentiful in the States but I'm miles
from nowhere. I'll drive down to the NW states depending on the condition
and price of the engine/tranny. Shipping is a big killer cost.

I've though tof using an LT1 - any comments on it?

Old May 9th 06, 08:12 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"Eugene Blanchard" > wrote in message
> Thanks for info on the rear mounted tranny. Unfortunately, there not
> everywhere up in Alberta. Seems to be plentiful in the States but
> I'm miles
> from nowhere. I'll drive down to the NW states depending on the
> condition
> and price of the engine/tranny. Shipping is a big killer cost.
>
> I've though tof using an LT1 - any comments on it?

My preference would be the LS1, who cares what people think if it's
from a Camaro? Nothing against the LT1, just have grown fond of the
smoothness and power of the LS1.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old May 9th 06, 09:11 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

The LT1 is a great engine, but they have a lot of
and things specific to the LT1/LT4.
And the aftermarket performance upgrades for the LT1 are sparse.
If you are going with current FI engine do the LS1 package.

Eugene Blanchard wrote:

>Thanks for info on the rear mounted tranny. Unfortunately, there not
>everywhere up in Alberta. Seems to be plentiful in the States but I'm miles
>from nowhere. I'll drive down to the NW states depending on the condition
>and price of the engine/tranny. Shipping is a big killer cost.
>
>I've though tof using an LT1 - any comments on it?
>
>Dad wrote:

. ..

--
Ric Seyler