Broken driver window system A6 2000 (repost)

Old September 6th 04, 11:28 PM
Josh

Default Broken driver window system A6 2000 (repost)

Hello.

2000 A6 2.7T - ming blue......

Yesterday my driver side window failed to raise up. There was a small snap
and the "plink" of some small part hitting the bottom of the door cavity.
The motor still tries to raise the window, but it just tries for a second
and then it freezes up.

I removed the door panel and found a small shard of blue plastic laying in
the bottom of the door cavity. It appears to be part of one of the slide
assemblies that are on each side of the window...Oh well no home fix for
this kid..

My question. How evasive (costly) is replacing the window assembly /
slides.. It looks pretty ugly to me.

Any help would be appreciated

Old September 23rd 04, 09:05 AM

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 22:28:19 GMT, "Josh" >
wrote:

>Hello.
>
>2000 A6 2.7T - ming blue......
>
>Yesterday my driver side window failed to raise up. There was a small snap
>and the "plink" of some small part hitting the bottom of the door cavity.
>The motor still tries to raise the window, but it just tries for a second
>and then it freezes up.
>
>I removed the door panel and found a small shard of blue plastic laying in
>the bottom of the door cavity. It appears to be part of one of the slide
>assemblies that are on each side of the window...Oh well no home fix for
>this kid..
>
>My question. How evasive (costly) is replacing the window assembly /
>slides.. It looks pretty ugly to me.
>
>Any help would be appreciated

It cost me £250 to get my drivers side window mechanism fixed at an
Audi main dealer. I guess an independent would be cheaper. About a
week after the passenger side window jammed in the same way. It
hasn't broke yet, but I'm not using it.

BTW: How did you get the door panel off without breaking anything? I
removed the three screws and pulled hard but it didn't budge. I don't
really want to pull any harder in case I break something.

M.

Old September 28th 04, 11:10 PM
Hengfrom

This has occured twice with my 1999 passat!

146 Driver Side Window dean Alfa Romeo 1 December 4th 04 01:35 PM
Driver window A2 -2000 Josh Audi 0 September 6th 04 05:43 PM