Check Engine Light

Old July 13th 05, 04:24 PM
Christopher Muto

Default Check Engine Light

I have an intermittent 'check engine' light. It came on for about a half
hour in the middle of 3 hour drive. It was out well before the engine was
stopped and turning the key back on to accessory did not result in an error
code flashed by the check engine light (per miata.net it should on this '95
triple black). I recently had the timing belt, ac and alternator belt, two
front hoses, crank seal and two front cam seals, ignition cables and plugs.
The power of the car was significantly increased after the repair, probably
due to the new cables. Any suggestions welcome. Thank you!

Old July 13th 05, 04:52 PM
Lanny Chambers

In article <6naBe.15366$rx4.5032@trndny05>,
"Christopher Muto" > wrote:

> I have an intermittent 'check engine' light. It came on for about a half
> hour in the middle of 3 hour drive.

Is the gas cap fully tightened? Turn it so it clicks at least twice.

---
Lanny Chambers
'94C, St. Louis
Old July 13th 05, 07:01 PM

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 15:52:46 GMT, Lanny Chambers
> wrote:

>In article <6naBe.15366$rx4.5032@trndny05>,
> "Christopher Muto" > wrote:
>
>> I have an intermittent 'check engine' light. It came on for about a half
>> hour in the middle of 3 hour drive.

>Is the gas cap fully tightened? Turn it so it clicks at least twice.
>
>---
>Lanny Chambers
>'94C, St. Louis

I second that. Similar issue, same fix for mine.

Tom

Old July 14th 05, 05:06 PM
Christopher Muto

Thanks all!
I am conscious of the gas cap issue and screw it down until it clicks at
least twice when I refill the gas. However I have not noticed the suction
sound when taking it off like I hear on other cars and so have wondered if
there was a leak. I will get a new gas cap from the dealer and see if it
helps. Thanks again.

ps. sorry about the duplicate post. for some reason what i thought was a
new thread appeared under and old tread of the same title in my news reader
so i did not think it posted at first. when the second one did not post i
looked harder and found it.

http://www.uncensored-news.com

Old July 14th 05, 05:21 PM
XS11E

"Christopher Muto" > wrote in:

> ps. sorry about the duplicate post.

You'll be forgiven as soon as you send me lots of money! ;-)
Old July 15th 05, 04:27 AM
Christopher Muto

well ok, but only if the check engine light stays off.